Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

The Daily Thread

8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BIOS makes a bp meter which detects A.Fib.  I didn't know about the "silent killer"(blood pressure) would have the impact it had last year.  I use BIOS' thermometer for cooking, as do fast food chains, so their bp product has to be decent....good luck.
BIOS makes a bp meter which detects A.Fib.  I didn't know about the "silent killer"(blood pressure) would have the impact it had last year.  I use BIOS' thermometer for cooking, as do fast food chains, so their bp product has to be decent....good luck.
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spent three days in hospital with atrial Fibrillation. Not much fun.

Davit
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck with your journey.  I hope your health improves soon.  Take care.
8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just a little update to let everyone in the group know that I will be taking a extended break from to site for now until my physical health improves. Best wishes to everyone working on their own personal journeys. Cbt really does help. Till next time...Red...
Today started out kind of bumpy. Woke up from nightmares twice last night and got up with a headache than after that spent most of the morning with gastic pain as usual. So it looks like the steroid meds are not going to work so now I will have to call the Gastric Dr. as instructed to, and go in for invasive testing. I am worried at this point. I was hoping the meds would work. I really wanted to get this under control so I could get on with my life. Anyway I saw no point in wallowing in it and wasting the day so I spent most of the day distracting myself from the anxiety and anxious feeling about it. I did get a bit done at home today so that is at least a positive for today.
Red, I hope your health comes along.  I realize I'd forgotten to comment on your health, once I posted.  Also, thanks for filling me in on the court system, and your grieving.  Sometimes it seems I'm alone, but it just takes another to change that.
As far as jury duty goes. I was on call for a month but never actually had to sit on a jury. I found it to be a major inconvience calling in every day to see if I needed to drive down to the court the following morning. I really couldn't plan anything else while doing my time. That's how they do the federal court hearing. When dealing with the county courts you show up to the court for one day and if you are not picked to be on a jury your time is served and you are done for the next year or so. Well that's about it. Hope you had a nice dinner out last night. I remember those days months after my husband passed. I went out alone a lot that first year. It helped me get through the grieving process and the process of moving on and starting my life over again. Best wished to you on your journey...Red..
How was jury duty?  I'm being screened, for the first time, and think it might be interested.  I bought an amazing pumpkin pie, which I thought I might keep if I was invited somewhere for the weekend.  Watching Martha Stewart's niece cook a pie was intimidating...let alone watching her aunt!  I just don't feel like doing much, as the first year of mom's anniversary of passing arrives.  I just need some self-care, so I'll go out for dinner.

Reading this thread: