Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

The Daily Thread

8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just popped in to say Thank you nightingale and Welcome to the support group. I also want to shout a big welcome to Steve, Joe and all the other new members joining us too. I know that sometimes it takes a while to post when you first get here. Please Feel free to use this Daily Thread to post whatever and whenever the spirit moves you. Expressing myself in the forums has helped me sort out my thoughts and make sense of them. Just by talking and sharing here I have been able to talk myself down from many an anxiety and panic attack on many many occasions. So please enjoy this thread Everyone and share as little or as much as you like when ever you are ready.....Enjoy....Red:)))
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Steve :)
8 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello Red so sorry to hear of all you are dealing with

hi steve im new here too
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Steve. 

Well Reflux is no fun but Ranitadine has no side effects and I take it every day. There is also Pepto Bismol.
You are going to have changes as you age and not all of them can you attach to an event. Some of them just happen and you adjust to them. It helps if you can think you are still the person you were. I am the same person I was at 21 and I'm 64 now. Some things don't work, some things want to work when I don't want them too, but I'm still me. Damned if I'm going to let that bother me. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hey my name is Steve, this is my first time posting. So i'm not even sure if i'm doing it right.  I've  gotten some anxious thoughts growing up but always have gotten threw them. About 3 months ago after having my wisdom teeth taken out they became severely infected. The doctors had me on 3 types of strong medications. after a week of not eating much but jello the infection cleared.   When i started to eat normal food again i became sick. the medication burned my stomach, and esophagus. When it first happened sometimes after eating i would throw up/ or have feeling of food being stuck. I now have severe acid reflex, which i never had once in my life.  This all took a toll on me. every time i eat i fear, and have anxious thoughts that this is all going to happen again. 
i stopped going out to dinner, stopped eating around people, because i don't want to make a scene. Good news is i still eat tons of food, but pay for it later.  

Not only has this made me have a fear of choking, its given me crazy anxiety about everything. i even have anxiety attacks when i'm not even eating.

I used to be the guy that had no fear.  With Some help i hope to be that guy again  Please share tips to help!

Thanks Steve

Davit, Sorry to hear you were in the hospital again and are Still dealing with your staph infection. We both have had some tough licks that's for sure and like you said We can only do what we can:(( Chin up and all that good stuff my Dear Friend:)...Red:):):)
SimplyCatherine, Thank you. Your compassion is appreciated...Best of luck to you too..Red:)
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I'm sorry to hear you are not  having a good summer. 
I spent two weeks in hospital and I'm only catching up now.  I still have infection so it is going slow. 
We can only do what we can.

Davit
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry to hear about all you have to deal with. Sounds like a tough summer. 
Update: This month has been a challenge with lots of twists and turns, what if's and unknowns. I am almost finished with my month long jury duty service. My reconstructive facial surgery due to skin cancer is continuing to heal. I have had some other health issues due to the stresses of this past month. One of my partners grown children has cancer and has been fighting it for over two years now. It has now spread to her brain and he is undergoing treatment for that now. She has a 6 years old child. It is quite sad. We have all been all over the place with anxiety and emotions this last month. I still have 2 follow up appointments with doctors next month to address some of my own health issues and if all goes well with that I will be getting some much needed rest and relaxation in the distant future, possibly by the end of next month. My life goes on and on round and round it seems these days.

Reading this thread: