Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The Daily Thread

8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
On another panic site that I visit as a guest only, they have a thread titled: "Hypochondria" (Health Anxiety) H A Which I read once in a while. I have been thinking about those posts under that thread. I was saying here a few days ago. Thank God I do not have Hypochondria aka Health Anxiety. But now I am not sure that is such a good thing after all because I do have a real health problem and it does cause me anxiety being sick most of the time. So I am not sure I am really better off than someone with Hypochondria aka Health Anxiety just because my illness is real. I am not sure it makes any difference real or imagined. For I am sick of being sick and I do worry that this is how it will be for me forever if I can not get my illness into remission and keep it there... I am Feeling really Tired tonight...Red...
Davit sorry correction to my last sentence in my last post. I forgot to add the words "Do Not" I am pretty sure you Do Not have health anxiety either. Some times I brain thinks faster than I can type. Oh Well that's a minor problem that I can live with...Red:)))
Davit Thanks..Yes I agree. We both have a very healthy concern and just like you I do not have Health Anxiety. I have read some of the posts from others who do have Health Anxiety on two of the other sites that you used to belong to and one thing I can say for sure without a doubt is I do not have health anxiety and I am pretty sure you have health anxiety either.. Thank God...Red...
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad for you Red. You mention it wasn't Cancer. This might be confusing to those who don't know us and wonder if this is Health Anxiety. We know I don't have HA and I'm pretty sure you don't.
I think we have a very healthy concern though.

Davit. 
Thanks Davit, The good news. I got through the travel and medical procedure with some pain but I did go which is good. The doctor didn't find cancer which is great but did find severe ulcerative colitis. He said it can be treated so he gave me some samples of a medication called lialda to get me started right away, 8 days worth. I am to see him again in 6 weeks. The bad news is that the medication is over 700 dollars for a 30 day supply at the local pharmacy and my share of cost for it with my health insurance is 166 dollars. When I see the doctor again he said if the medication works he will give me a handwritten rx that I can mail into my meds by mail service where I can receive the meds at no cost. It's a benefit I have with my health insurance, but that he can't do that until we find out what works and what doesn't for my condition. So I guess I will have to pay for at least a couple of months worth of meds from my local pharmacy until we get this all figured out. I spend very little on myself really which is a good thing I guess because I have money put away to cover costs like this. After all planning ahead is important and I am worth it. I do want to get better soon no matter what it takes or costs...So I guess spending my rainy day money on this is for the best. Red.....
Good luck Red

I tried digestive cookies and they were good except I put quinoa in them. It is the only seed with all eight amino acids, but I don't like the taste. I'll leave it out next time. 

David
Getting ready to leave the house for a medical procedure today. It's a long drive plus the procedure is no fun for sure, but it needs to be done and hopefully when it's all said and done they can help me get well again, so I can start enjoying life and doing the fun stuff again...That's the plan...Red
Hi Red

I might have Sjogren's syndrome. Not uncommon in people with Rheumatoid. 

The cookies are good, I ground flour out of oats, threw the egg yolk out and used canola oil.  So they are cholesterol and gluten free. They don't have to be gluten free but I wanted to use oats. 

The alternator died in my car so I have to fix that. There is always something. 

Davit
Davit, Great news about your heart. Cookies sound like a sweet reward. Eat one for me too. I did reward myself with a slice of pumpkin pie tonight didn't see any reason to save it till thanksgiving. I mean, life is for living and enjoying right now. Enjoy your cookies My friend....Your friend Red...:)
Thank you Cardio tech. 

It seems that if I keep on top of my medication there are no skips and my O2 sat stays pretty normal. Beta blocker doesn't allow me to rush anything. Today Richard put chains on my tractor for me. I tried to help but just got in the way. I remember when I could work hard and fast too. I've accepted this is the way it is going to be. No depression this way. I can still bake cookies, I think I'll do that.

Davit

Reading this thread: