Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The Daily Thread

8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Cardio Tech for the reply. Fun, now that's an idea. How can I make this fun! One thing is for sure if I can pass this test I should be able to do just about anything from now on...Red :)) Hey Hugs...The court does pay out for any days that they make me appear in court. The bad thing is they report it to the irs as earned income. So that could be problem. Anyway as for the yummy fruits of summer I have been enjoying them too..
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red, Fortunately, I checked the auto policy which explains that the jury duty has to arise out of an accident. Good to know anyway, and it doesn't look like it's my policy, but the better one...I made a fruit fly trap, after feeling confident that I wouldn't get them this year, but who can resist all that sweet summer stuff, with the side effect of having to share the residue on unclean sink countertops?
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red, Check your insurance, since apparently some plans pay for your time...
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jury duty is something I've never had to do. Got called in my hometown when I was away at university, so was excused.  I wont say have fun...as I'm sure it wont be.
Thanks! Davit....This court is futher from home than the last one and this time I am on call for 30 days instead of just showing up for one day and if I had been selected to serve on a jury last time it would have been for 3 days max and if not selected than my service would of been up..No such luck with the federal district court though. So it is 30 days of service without the chance of parole. I pretty much threw on a tee shirt,jeans and tennis shoes at the last minute, fixed breakfast, and drove myself the 25 miles each way to court and back in heavy freeway traffic. They want you to wear casual business attire to court, Oh Well..I took along my safe person for moral support. The parking garage was deserted and scary with no security. So I am sure glad he came along with me. The walk to the court house was at least a half mile and I was late but I did make it there and back. Made it thorough the security checks and metal detectors and talked to the jury clerks and court security officers. Next time I will leave earlier. Anyway I am very tired and almost in tears from it all but I did survive this exposure and will have to do it again. So at least I know what to expect now that I did a recon first... I am grateful to be back home again..Red...
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I remember the last time you had jury duty.  I am with you my friend.

Davit
Another morning at 5 a.m...Breaking exposure down into small steps is what works for me being that I am combating some degree of agoraphobia most days. It's 5 a.m. here and it's time for my trial run to court today..The first small step in leaving the house is having a cup of coffee, than breakfast, then slowly getting dressed in as relaxed a manner as possible. No hurrying allowed because staying calm is a important part of this game. I have 90 minutes to get ready before I walk out the door. Slow and easy is the game.
Update: I had my follow up with my plastic surgeon today. He said my repair is healing nicely and that the slight bend in my nose is to be expected and to follow up with him in 3 months. So I am feeling very relieved and happy that I will not be having another surgery right now. Now its onwards and upwards to my next exposure starting on August 2 when I will be starting my month long on call jury duty service. Tomorrow or the next day my safe person will be doing a trial run with me to the court as exposure and to see how long it takes to drive there, get parked and walk the 4 blocks to the court room doors. He will be doing all the driving and fixing us a healthy breakfast. I will fix our snacks to take with us. The court house only has vending machines and that will no due being that I am diabetic and follow a special diet. So right now my biggest concern is going to be to try to keep my blood sugar levels stable so that I do not crash and burn while trying to do my mandatory Jury Duty Service....Red...
8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay!

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. Wow, you bounce back fast Red! You are one strong lady

Ashley, Health Educator
Just popped in with a little update today so I do not have time to stay around and Chat.. My surgery is healing nicely so far and the best news is I was able to start working on my hobbies again. I just planned out and cut out the pieces for my next quilting project over the weekend. It's great to have my focus back and to be enjoying some positive distractions again. So instead of worrying about all the what if's coming up at the end of this month I have decided to take advantage of this month off instead and spend it doing some positive things that I enjoy instead..... Take care everyone... Till next time... Red...

Reading this thread: