Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

12 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi

Congratulations on your success you sound a real inspiration.  Would you say that you had a sort of "lightbulb moment" that just made you decide to come off of your medication.  Have you got any tips that would help us to achieve a little bit of inner peace. 

Kind Regards

Matilda x
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I began my journey on this site back in October whilst waiting for an appointment for therapy assessment with my local authority, I have had my assessment, and am still awaiting an appointment, meanwhile I have used this program religiously every day for the past 4 months. When I began the program I had taken myself off Zoloft as I did not like the person I had become, I was acting atypically, many of you were worried I may suffer from bad withdrawal and I thank you for your concern. I had taken antidepressants for over 20 years.

I am writing here today after a visit to my new Dr, I was getting nowhere with my old one, as they just kept prescribing and did no listening. I described my goals I had set on here and how I have achieved many of them, and also told her that for the first time in my 46 years of life I feel happy, content and I actually like the person I am, she looked at me and said, "well it looks like you have healed yourself, whilst waiting for the national health to get their act together and sort you out". I couldn't agree with her more.
I had been numb for so long, now I feel, I can see the world for the wonderful place it is and not through a haze of medication, my mind is healthy and positive.
My main goal was to repair my fractured relationship with my youngest daughter, thing's had become so bad we had not spoken properly in almost 2 years and we became estranged 9 months ago. My daughter graduated as a  Psychologist and counselor in July last year, I wasn't invited to her graduation which made my depression worse, and after following this program, traveling this road, which is a long one, and I can travel it, I can do anything now. I am so happy to say that after witnessing the change in my attitude and mood my daughter has now invited me back into her life. Of course I am ecstatic about this but I am also proud of myself for putting the amount of work into myself that I have. I know I still have a long way to go on this road but at least now I can see the beauty along it, smell the wonderful aromas surrounding me, and enjoy the rest of my life.
I have all of my family on here to thank for your support and words of encouragement. If I can have a healthy mind after having clinical depression for over 20 years then anyone can, this program truly does work, if you are thinking about working with us, stop thinking and join in, you will reap the benefits, believe me.
Happy 2012, I can now live my life instead of just existing. 
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Matilda and Carmie!
I sure enjoyed reading your Positives and Accomplishments today..Congrats!!
Positive breeds positive so I guess I will just have to post my positives too

I got a good 9 hours sleep last night and felt great all day today.

I went grocery shopping for healthy food today..

I walked eight thousand steps today thats 4 miles and I am now two thousand steps away from my goal..

Happy New Year's Eve and New Year's Day right back at you!!!

Red.....
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy New Year's Eve:

Today I am happy that I went to the gym and had a nice run for 45 minutes.

My children played happily together and even picked up around the house a bit for me.

I am grateful for my health.  My husband and the kids have colds but so far so good for me!

Wishing all of you well,
Carmie

12 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My accomplishments for today are

1) Up early and at the supermarket before 8am

2) Been to two different towns and had a look round the shops and been to two cafes!

3) Been to two other large shops

4) Did four loads of laundry and drying

5) Set up the Nintendo Wii for a wii evening.

6) Been to the garden centre

7) Visited relatives

Happy New Year

Matilda x
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This tread really helped me and I thought it might help you too so I just bumped this tread title up in case anyone would like to post there positives for the day here on the site.. Red....
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said Vincenza! Joy shared expands the universe in a special way... I'm glad to be a part of it.
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you V.  :-)

Sunny and Davit
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

Please do not regret to have shared your happiness with us!  You deserve to be happy, you & Sunny have both come a long way in your respective life journeys and it is wonderful to see how you not only support each other, but support other members on the thread as well!  

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vincenza

You know that men and women can see things different because of upbringing and lifestyle and I have always said that men and women have equal capability in most things but sunny amazes me of her grasp of things. A radial arm saw can be dangerous if used inappropriately but she followed directions perfectly and I am impressed with her grasp of not only how it works but what it could do if not used carefully. I am very careful who uses my tools but her I have no concern over. She will be careful and do well. I'm glad we have another thing we can share.
I have one sort of regret and that is that we brought our happiness here. But to keep it secret would have seemed sneaky and I think of the people here as friends to share with. 

Davit

Reading this thread: