Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red!  So happy to read your post this evening.  It sounds like you have found a technique to not only help you through events, but to enjoy them and make the most out of them.  Congrats to you and for being a great inspiration!!  Have a well-deserved, relaxing evening.
Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This morning I started out the morning complaining about the jury duty I was going to have to go to today..On the way there I remember what Davit said about circling and starting out the day with good thoughts and decided to change the way I was thinking about the whole thing..It was good I was doing my civic duty and it was good for me to repeat this exposure..By the time I got there I was feeling good about the whole thing..I grabbed a magazine when I got all checked in and relaxed and enjoyed reading it..When break time came we went and got breakfast at the cafeteria and I had a great cup of coffee..By the time I left the court house I felt good about myself and realized that this exposure was a cake walk this time and would never be a problem for me again..Next we stopped to pay my property taxes on the way home. I had been anxious about this and dreaded it. It was going to a office closer to home that I had never been to before..I turned around this negative though and reminded myself this was a good thing and that I would not have to travel so far to pay my taxes..I felt no anxiety when I walked and the door. Everyone was so nice and courteous. Its really was a good experience for me..I was feeling so good that we made another stop on the way home at the surplus store and again no problem..
Now I am home relaxing and plan on spending  some time working on my quilts today as a reward..This is something I would never have been able to do before..I would have been to tired from all the exposure but not today..I feel Good..
I want to thank you Davit for posting about the circling..It really did help me today..
By the way how are you doing today?

Red....
Good morning!  ~m and Samantha,

Thank you for saying so!!!

Getting her was a Huge step for me and a Very Positive one indeed...

Red...
12 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
She's beautiful Red! Congratulations 
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello red,

Great addition to your family! Very cute, enjoy spending time with your new companion and enjoy welcoming her into her new home. The interaction between a human and an animal can be very a very positive therapeutic experience for some people. Enjoy!

Samantha, Health Educator
Today has been a Very Very Good day!!
We added a member to our family today. I just put up a pic of her for everyone to see. She is 7 months old and she is so cute, loving and full of energy. When I saw her I just had to have her and bring her home with me. We got her from a Animal Rescue. She has adjusted to the house already..Its like she was born to be here with us. I am looking forward to spoiling her rotten..Of courseyou know I have a jump start on that one already..

Red...
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday my friend Richard came over and we took out fence posts with a chain and the tractor. I drove and he put the chain on the posts. He wrapped up the wire after since my hands aren't that good. Time changes and people get older and some things just aren't needed anymore. So now I have a wagon full of posts to sell or give away or trade. He is going to give me time to finish my deck and then come back and we will take down the corral and loading chute and make firewood out of it. It is amazing how a little cleaning up can give a person a lift. When I quit farming I gave him some of my equipment since the person I sold the farm too said I could still use the land and well It was the only way to stop doing that. So he stops in every so often to see if I need a hand. And I always do. Good trade. And it is a social thing too. I will miss the animals only a little and only because change is hard. Not changing when you have to though is unhealthy. I'm realizing that the building I want to do next spring is going to be harder than I thought but I'm going to do it anyway, it will just take longer. I could say "poor me, I can't do this" and give up or I can try my best and hire someone to finish it. 
Sitting around worrying about what a person can't do is worse than trying and failing. At least you know for sure and aren't just guessing. Next year is going to be very busy but very productive. I'm looking forward to it. I'm already planning in my head where to plant things in the garden. I'll be making a lot of flower beds too for the love of my life who knows how to do that better than me. Relaxing is a lot better if you have some one to do that with. In truth being a recluse only works if you can stay too busy to sit around and think. And it doesn't work for everyone. If you are not the right type then I have to say, take the chance and find some one to share life with, even if it isn't quite the way you want. You never know, you might like it. 
Life is a journey, might as well enjoy it.
A couple of years ago I would never have thought it was possible but here I am doing it. There were mistakes along the way but it was worth it. And yes there was some heart ache and pain but that is all in the past.

Davit.
I finally made it back to my quilting class yesterday..It was a bit of a three ring circus and I did get a little hyper. I should get adjusted to it by my next class meeting..I had a nice time visiting while I was there. 
Today I am off and out of here to shop for fabric for a class fabric exchange. I will be cutting Christmas fabric into forty,
10 inch squares to exchange with the other quilters in class..I am not sure what we are making yet but it should be fun...

Talk to you all later,
Have a great everyone!

Red...
Davit,
Thanks for noticing and saying so..Yes I have come a long ways since last year..I am very happy and proud of myself for all the progress I have made..As for the jury duty I am looking at it in a positive way this time..Maybe I will get the chance to get a child molester off the streets like my partner did or I will be able to get a sexual predators put in prison for life or better yet have them executed..If course this kind of thinking would not make be a good candidate for jury duty because I could not be a fair and impartial juror because of my past experiences in life..The Prosecutors would love me though..

Red...
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

That is a very different attitude from last time you did jury duty. You have come a long ways for sure. I guess if I was in the states I would have to do it too. I would not want to. But that is just a personal thing. I guess it could be no more than being forced to shop when one doesn't really want to. I don't know. Just one of those things like being a recluse. If you don't do it how can you know what it is like.
Good luck with it. Maybe they will let you off.

Davit.

Reading this thread: