Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today I got out and did a little walking and got in 10,000 steps this morning.
I also went to my first local libraries monthly book sale later in the morning and then went out for dinner in the evening.
Things do seem to have changed around a bit for me lately. I find it is easier to be out and about, than to stay at home now. I am finding that I need more stimulation and am interested in finding new things to do.

I am seeing subtle changes in myself again, plus I do enjoy the change of scenery.

Red..
Yesterdays..Accomplishments and Positive Things

Mine were walking at the lake, going to the library, checking out some classes.

Not to sure about today's Accomplishments or Positives just yet?
It's only 4 a.m. here. Still a bit early to do anything yet...I guess..
It's probably too early for coffee, or maybe not:):):) 

"Ah! thats it, Coffee" I already had breakfast.
 So I'll sip on my coffee while I wait for the Sun to come up and show it's face
 and then maybe I'll go for a early moring walk..

Hey! My first positives for today.
They were right there all along..

Red..
  :)
Davit, not looking to do it alone this is support group that's one of the reasons I am here. Just stumbled across this thread this morning and started reading some of it. The last four years have been a journey for sure and as I read I began to look for answers in my writing and wondered who was that girl where did she go. I have lost my way a bit lately and guess I am looking to find a direction again. Just a little soul searching not much to say really.
Anyway I do not know why only 3 things and why not our failures too. Something to ponder I guess.
I am hoping that Ashley can come up with a new thread for I find myself grasping for straws lately.

Enjoy your time in your shop...

Poof. I'm gone.

Red.. 
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I should have said I think I know what you wanted instead of I know. I know is only an expression and I'm not perfect.

Far from it, but yes it does matter, I care. Maybe I care too much. It is why I stand naked to the world so I can be judged. 
It has been a long journey. The choice is yours as you say since it is your journey. This is a support group and if you would rather do the journey on your own I know that I for one am okay with that. You need only say so. Here or private.

I'm most curious as to why it is always three things. Why not just as many. Why just our accomplishments, why not our failures too. 

I have one other accomplishment, I can just go away and work in my shop. That is a positive too. I've been thinking about doing that anyway and with my old friend coming it might just be a good time to do that since I know she is not going to see me 24/7. She can have the computer since hers won't work here.

Poof, Davit is gone.
Davit, not sure what you meant when you said this is not what I wanted with this post. It really doesn't matter does it..but How do you know what I want? I am not even sure what I want or if I wanted anything really. I was looking back at the way I was and comparing it to the way I am now. I am now wondering what happened and am trying to figure it all out. What is worth keeping and what should I throw out. What worked for me before just might work for me again..So this is something only I can figure out. We never know what someone else is thinking or feeling. We would only be guessing and our perception of another's feeling is only our perception not theirs. I am not sure I can go back to how I was when I was feeling good but I am searching for answers within myself. This thread does cover a four year span it's kind of a journal within it's self...

So I am not expecting anything from anyone really. This is my journey.

Red...

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We all know my accomplishments. I got better. I had the guts to stay and tell people they can too.  Those are positives. 
Didn't do any good did it. People believe what they want to not what they need to, that is not a positive. 

I changed my life to fit CBT not tried to make it fit my life. Life as I was living it was the problem, why would I want to keep it unless I preferred to be miserable. You can paint an outhouse but it is still an out house. If you want to do something different with an outhouse it is going to take a lot more than just paint.  I didn't paint my outhouse, I moved it back and filled in the hole. It isn't an outhouse anymore so I can't revert to using it as one. 

As for accomplishments, I have one more. I'm content with my life, crappy as it is. That is an accomplishment few get.
And I will admit it isn't every day but then whose really is.

I know this is not what you wanted with this post Red so here are a few of my other accomplishments that go along with my new freedom.

I can go to the library half blind and gimpy and not freak when they offer me help and a chair.
I can go to a store and know that if I slip on the wet floor and fall they will help me. 
I can make fat jokes and old fart jokes and still feel good about myself.
I can lose a day due to meds and not panic.
I can do things I shouldn't by being careful as I can knowing my limits and accepting this.
I can do more than I thought I could.
I can watch it snow knowing I might not be able to get to the car.
But the biggest is the hardest. 
I can forgive and forget when I get hurt.

Oh, and I can drive. I can drive anywhere now.

Davit
Bumping this tread up today and seeing where I've been. Maybe Ashley could start something similar but different again? This was a good one. Red.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!

It has been awhile since I've been able to log in (Possibly hours! ).  I wanted to say how happy I was to read about your quick return to health, Red.  I had seen what you had written about the "rocks" in your ears.  It sounds so much like what my mom had (her doc called them "crystals").  She hasn't had any troubles since she learned the exercises (I think she lays on her back and turns her head and such).  Well, I am just tickled to read your update and wanted to say hi!  Good luck with everything!
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Red,
I took a course in healthy cooking so your healthy recipes will pay off.  I was surprised at how many people just "naturally" used to cook that way, and companies lobby for their products.  No wonder we're confused...eg. former generations cooked with simple ingredients, but "processed" foods have ingredients we can't even read because of the little print, let alone pronounce
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today has been a really good day for me..My vertigo is pretty much gone..My blood pressure and heart rate are down so my new bp meds must be working..I even raked the yard out after the tree trimmers left today and never got really tired.
So I guess I am on the mend and will be doing my walking again sooner than I thought..I started a healthy heart folder for the healthy recipes I found on line today..I have been so relaxed all day and my mind has been so clear and sharp that I just breezed though the day...

I am really looking forward to tomorrow...

Red.....

Reading this thread: