Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last month was been a very busy month for me here at home with lots of exposure and goals accomplished..I had the roof replaced, the overhangs repainted on the house and put up a fence last month and a tree taken out this week..I let people on my property to do some of this work which was a major accomplishment for me..My partner painted the overhangs himself put up a fence and we had someone remove a large tree for us..We removed the two smaller sick trees ourselves. Everything came out fine and I am really happy we are finally finished with the renovations on the house..I may due a little painting on the patio later this year.

Right now I am looking forward to resting up and just relaxing for a few days. After that it will be time to get ready for our annual camping trip across country to Arizona where we will be relaxing in the wide open spaces with just us and the wildlife and of course the beautiful sunrises and sunsets..They have one of the largest swap meets in the world there and there will be lots of treasures to look for. My passion is old rusty stuff and things from the prairie and of course antique sewing machines.
Oh ya! we will also be stopping and showing antique farm engine in our clubs annual antique farm engine and tractor show on the way home....
Seven years ago I never would of thought I would have been able to travel across country, would of panicked in the crowds at the swap meets, and never have been able to let people on my property or in my house, but I have proven myself wrong. I was able to do all things with a lots of help and am so glad I got past my panic and fears and did them all. 

This has been a extraordinary year for me....

Red......

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm really pleased to see how well every one is doing and how you have adjusted CBT for your specific condition. 
It is a new year and over this new year you will continue to improve and the site will become less important as you find you can do more and more things you want to now. That was always the object and I know that but still I want to request that if you find yourself elsewhere more often that you stop in once in a while. 
This wet rainy unseasonable weather has reminded me that it is time to order seeds and plan a garden. I also have a lot of work to do in my shop before even thinking about building an addition. I will be busy in the next while and not have as much time to be here. I'm sure though that when the day is done I can still find time to read though.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
museluver,

I want to congratulate you on all your hard work and success and for never giving up on your self..You story is a true inspiration. I really enjoyed reading your story and could relate to so much of it..Especially the part about the past..It really felt good to hear you say you are now living instead of just existing...I feel that way too...Also thanks for the tip on the book. I am going to see if I can get it as a e book..

Glad you are here with us...

Red...
museluver

I'm betting that when you first started reading what I was writing you said like I did, can this be so, can a person get better. It is true that with the right information and some one to explain how to just do it and stick to it, that it really does work. And it does work. But it is so much work, but what did I have to lose (other than my life it seemed some times) Curiosity mostly kept me going. And here I am and here you are. Not perfect but certainly a lot better and still getting better. It really is a case of loading up with the right attitude and positive thoughts. Sure some times the road gets hard and there are set backs. That is life. But they are just a small part now. Life for the most part is beautiful and certainly worth living and the effort.

I am really impressed with all you have been through and all you have accomplished. I'm especially impressed with your attitude to the past and the future. I wish more people could be like you. They would get better much faster. It can only get better.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you to everyone for your kind word's, I could not have gotten this far without this site. 
I remember when I first begun on here I used to read Davit's comments and think, he's such an inspiration, he really knows what he is talking about. It must have taken him years of work to get as far as he has and I'm sure he has put an awful lot into this. Never once did I think I would be sitting here only a few months later "feeling", for the first time in over 20 years.
It is oh so easy for Doctors to prescribe medication, maybe if they put their pen's and prescription books down and listened,  gave some advice once in a while there would not be so many people relying on prescription medication.

Yes, I have had a very hard life, that should not be a reason for me to remain negative, that should be, and was the inspiration that made me decide, I can make this life good for myself, I don't have to let thing's which happened to me in my previous life (that's how I see it, the old me & the new me), mar what life I have left.
 I never gave myself credit for anything, whereas now I can see that I did incredible things. I was disabled by the age of 24, had twin daughters to take care of, widowed by the age of 36, I have been raped 3 times one of them consisted of an attempted murder and I let events take over my life, I took on the victim role.
Now I can see that through all this I brought up two wonderful young women single handedly, both of whom have graduated university, after I became disabled and could teach no-more I continued to attend college and continued with my education, I amassed many diplomas but still I was not happy, I was still taking that medication without ever thinking maybe I can do without it today, as I had been prescribed it I felt I  needed it, now I know I could have done this a lot sooner. I blamed myself for a lot of the bad things that occurred, but know now that was all in my head, I didn't deserve any of those thing's to happen.

Just remember no matter what you have been through in life, only you can change your future, the past is called the past for a reason, the future is exciting as no-one knows what will happen and the present is a gift, a gift that we are on this beautiful earth to give love, comfort, joy and friendship and so many other things to so many people. We are all capable of changing our inner thought's, no-one else can do it for you, talking helps, but in the end unless you experience that light bulb moment your thought engine will not change.

I still have a long way to go, I have an eating disorder to get under control, but I now know with time I can achieve that goal too. We can all achieve all of our goals with a little help and guidance.
Thank you for guiding me X

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Museluver,

What an inspiration you are!  I'm so happy to hear you are feeling the best you've felt in such a long while, as well as having mended your relationship with your daughter. 
Thank you for sharing your experience.  It goes to show how powerful CBT work is if you put the time and effort into it.

Thanks for spreading some sunshine!

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Museluver:  Wow, I loved reading your post.  So happy for you and your daughter's reconnection. Congratulations to your daughter on her successful studies and graduation. Happy for you that you had your epiphany!  You are a good positive role model.  

I'm smiling,
Sunny
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Muselover, your post was so wonderful to read!  Bravo to you!  I love how you took charge of your life and became an active participant. How inspirational you are!  Thank you for sharing!
Congratulations. 
Positive really does breed positive.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 59 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes a definite light bulb moment, I just realized I wasn't participating in life, as I was always in a medicated haze, I would strongly suggest you see your practitioner and discussing the matter with them, I was getting nowhere with mine & had no-one to listen to me. 
I stopped medicating, self referred myself for counseling and began reading a fantastic book which had been recommended to me. Overcoming Depression, A self-help guide using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques, by Paul Gilbert, this site was mentioned in the book so I thought I would give it a try & I haven't looked back.
I must say thinking positively is a wonderful thing, I have always been a cup half empty person, now my cup is overflowing, continue with this program and you too will reap the rewards.
Got to admit I did get some funny responses when I told my loved ones I had, had an epiphany, but that is what it felt like.
Good luck on your journey, we are all here to help

Reading this thread: