Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

June quitter

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
6 more days until the big 3 month mark.  I'm very, very jazzed about that.  I am trying to put my all into the belief that I can be done with smoking with forever.  Evidence is stacking up that IT IS POSSIBLE. Even or me :)
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stella,
  "Last week I also stopped being able to access this site through my laptop, the link just brings up a bunch of jibberish." Have you tried cleaning out your cache in the browser you use? That might clear it up for you, that and clearing your browsing data. Computers can be so finicky when they want to be. 
 If my count is right, six more days and you'll hit your THREE MONTH milestone. Awesome journey....
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,123.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 12

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I tried to get my quit metre thing up but was foiled by technology. Last week I also stopped being able to access this site through my laptop, the link just brings up a bunch of jibberish. Now my only access is through my cell phone, which I am the most useless at using unfortunately. I don't know what my problem is with it, all I can say is that I tried and failed several times with it. I can download it but then can't do anything else with it. Haha.
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stella,
 Those triggers just seem to pop up out of nowhere don't they?  Good to hear that you can deal with them too. Why don't you have your quit meter running so everyone can keep track of your journey? Just wondering. Another season is fast approaching you June Quitter, three more seasons and you're an official quitter you know!!!! 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,123.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 12

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

So I was walking my pup yesterday morning, having a groovy little morning to ourselves, and all of a sudden the thought, "I miss smoking" popped into my mind. Instead of dismissing it like I normally do, I entertained this one for some reason. What a misstep! I ended up having occasional smoke-encouraging thoughts all dang day (in particular, being way more aware of butts on the ground lol). Served as a good reminder for me - DO NOT ENTERTAIN *ANY* THOUGHTS ABOUT SMOKING, STELLA!. Observe it and MOVE THE F ON. I've got some living to do. And according to the quit meter thing, maybe another week of life tacked on to the end now that I don't smoke ;) (Day 82 ??)
Sparrow - yeah, I was hesitant to use it for just that reason, and sure enough, I suffered really terrible mental side effects after the first two weeks. I ended up not taking it as directed (but in a way that worked for me). I can't recommend that since I'm not a doc or pharmacist, but I just did what worked for me. I also found the NRT lozenges to be really helpful when I was trying the NRT route. I wanted to do it "clean" and not use anything, but after umpteen failures I conceded that using a quit aid to reach my goal was better than never reaching my goal. I used the champix for I think 3 weeks? Again, not as directed.... I just used it to get over that initial hump and shock of not smoking. I'd have to go back and read the beginning pages of my thread here to get me details about time lines.
5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im so happy for you. You sound ecstatic and you should be. Its a real achievement to conquer addictions. And its interesting how you say that other negative behaviors have dropped off too. I think its like creating good karma for yourself and quitting smokes opens up doors of positivity in all other areas of your life.
About champix....lve heard it can give you severe mental side effects. A pharma guy l was speaking to said no no no dont touch it so with my depression l thought ld better not use it. Did you get any side effects from it stella? Are you still on it? 
  • Quit Meter

$13,760.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 100 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Day 80 :) I am so excited to be closing in on the 90 day mark. And even more excited about the fact that I don't doubt I will reach 90 days. I remember not being sure if I'd hit two weeks. Then not being really sure I'd hit 30 days. But I am 100% sure I will hit 90 days, and that confidence and ability to trust myself is even better than the actual day count. I am SO SO SO SO happy that today I can say thay I haven't smoked in over two months, instead of saying, "Damn it Stella, if you'd just stuck to it two+ months ago, it would be over by now" (which was my refrain for the entire year before I finally stuck to this quit). Sparrow, my ongoing braces journey is my reward to me :) My bite plate feels more like a punishment lol, but it's so distracting that the thought of smoking on top of it just seems tiresome. My brain is full, haha, no room for smoking thoughts, so just go away. That's how I've been feeling the past few days - thoughts of smoking feel tiresome. On the same level as thinking of an overflowing laundry hamper. I like to think of it as the addiction itself growing tired of fighting. It can see who's in charge now, and its efforts to thwart me are growing increasingly pathetic and meek. Sparrow, freedom from ALL addictions feels SO GOOD. Indescribable. I mentioned in an earlier post that as a side effect of quitting smoking, some of my other not-helpful behaviours have fallen away as well. Prior to this quit, I was free of my "primary" addictions, but addiction lived on through smoking, the way I treated food, avoidant behaviour at times, watching too much Netflix, etc. Throughout the past 80 days it's like I totally leveled up in my recovery. I have so much time and brain space that was previously unavailable to me. Do not stop trying. I hope no one minds if I continue to use this space for one entire "trip around the sun". My posts will naturally grow fewer and farther in between I'm sure, but I want to document the full year and stay accountable. Complacency is my < enemy now. This thread helps me stay grateful, and that gratitude keeps me smoke-free.
5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow stella youre nearly at 3 months. WTG!!!! I hope youve got a well deserved reward planned. I read your post about having overcome drug addiction in the past...pleased to meet you. I can totally relate to the mindset you had that smoking was nothing in comparison. Thats a lie l told myself because until youre clean of everything youre still a prisoner of the addiction monster. It must feel soooo liberating for you to finally be free of all addiction. Thankyou for sharing your journey as its very inspiring for me to see how you did the hard yards and how wonderful youre feeling now. Celebrate your freedom from all addictions every day and NEVER give up your liberty to anything negative ever again. Congrats girl! I think you found the rainbow 
  • Quit Meter

$13,760.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 100 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Day 78. Guys, I did not think of smoking even once yesterday. Even when my partner paused our movie THREE times to get up for a smoke, it wasn't even on my radar. As if him doing that had absolutely nothing to do with me, beyond the fact that I got to read a page out of my book while he was up. I've had a small handful of these days by now, when there is not only no struggle, but no thoughts or identification with smoking. Now all of my thinking is taken up with my new braces and the awful bite plate I just got, lol.

Reading this thread: