Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

June quitter

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 76. I'm back to real, regular life after my vacation. And in my regular life, I rarely think of smoking now. It doesn't feel like it takes much effort to maintain my quit at this point, which is awesome. I can't believe I'm closing in on three months now, it honestly does not feel like it's been that long. It's funny how hindsight works - what seemed so huge and never-ending in the beginning now seems like a mere blip of time and how silly of me to blow it up into giant proportions. A little grim determination early on got me so many rewards in return. Cravings now really only pop up when I encounter the less routine, once-in-a-while smoking triggers - the day to day stuff is firmly divorced from smoking. I wrote several weeks ago that I only "actively don't smoke" 3-5 times a day (as in I had to work 3-5 times per day to dismiss an urge to smoke). By now, I'd say that time has been reduced to maybe 2 times per week. And the effort it takes to do the "work" has been reduced as well. So, in less than three months I went from hopeless failed quitter sucking a butt down out in the park where I wouldn't be seen, to someone who only thinks of cigarettes a couple times a week. And those thoughts aren't necessarily desires to smoke, but merely thoughts of smoking. It really doesn't have to take a long time to retrain a brain.
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi StellaBlue,
 Glad to hear you're still with us. And it sounds like you're getting stronger too. Be sure and keep your guard up though, that NicoDemon is tricky. 
So far I have tried to quit one more time than I've failed to quit. That's all it takes. Great words of wisdom! 
Stay strong you quitter.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 18

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'm alive! And Timbo was right, I was out in the woods since last Saturday. Killer hike - and I was surprised by a few very intense urges to smoke out there, namely whenever I completed a particularly hard climb. My instinct is still to feel upset whenever a strong crave comes up, but I am getting better and quicker at detaching from it as time goes on. Milder cravings don't phase me at all, they make me chuckle. Intense craves are now super rare but they take effort to not get upset about. And I should also note here that even the so-called "intense" craving are over within a matter of 20 seconds? As long as I keep moving on with my day. No dwEllington allowed in this quit, I will not let that take me down again. It's so nice to see all these messages here waiting for me - especially the ones saying my quit is inspiring them!!! What a lovely byproduct of something I'm doing 100% for myself. My smoke-free days now number in the 70s, and I'm totally tickled that my thread title is "June quitter" and my quit is now ongoing into September as of tomorrow. Quitting is totally possible!!!! Don't give up trying. This time for me is just one more kick at the can - who knew it was going to actually stick? I just kept trying. So far I have tried to quit one more time than I've failed to quit. That's all it takes.
5 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope StellaBlue is hanging tough. Reading her whole quit journey was the thing that encouraged and inspired me to give it another go, and to believe I could do it too.

Where you at Stella, the eyes of the world are upon you ;) 
  • Quit Meter

$35,139.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 278 Hours: 5

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I think StellaBlue is out in the woods on her long anticipated VACATION. At least I hope that's why she's been quite the past few days. 
Breathing in all that fresh air and enjoying her quit journey smoke free.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It has gone quiet for 5 days Stella; please tell me he didn't win! 

Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,639.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 21

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Thats a BIG deal...what a test and congrats for winning. Maybe your partner will now be inspired to quit. I can feel your absolute glee about quitting successfully. I want what youre having Stella 
  • Quit Meter

$13,768.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 100 Hours: 15

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Day 65, and yesterday my chain-smoking partner returned from his month overseas.  He lit up indiscriminately, of course, and I almost instinctively asked him for a drag.  That was my absolute favourite way to cheat on a quit - it doesn't *really* count if it's just a couple drags off his, right?  RIGHT?! Hahaha.  Anyway, my brain totally recognized the opportunity to do its job by repeating the pattern, and I found my hand lifting up on autopilot as the thought popped into my mind.  I was disturbed for a microsecond, and then I had a good little laugh at myself and went on with life as a non-smoker.  So that's another big milestone in my quit: The guy came back and I still did not smoke.  I'm so glad I decided to quit just before he left, though, instead of waiting for him to be away.  I already had a bit of practice not smoking around him in the memory bank, and so it didn't feel like a Huge Deal when he returned.  After that initial, "Can I have a drag?' impulse, the rest of the evening was a piece of cake and in fact I didn't have a single other thought about smoking the entire time, even though he smoked consistently.  I felt glad it was him, not me :/  He's talking about quitting now, but we'll see how that pans out.  It's nice to know that whether he quits or not, it doesn't impact *my* quit.  I really used to think that I would never be successful as long as he continued to smoke, but that was just another story I told myself to justify my smoking and make it seem too hard to stop.
5 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still going strong StellaBlue. That is good to see; just keep at it! 
The woods vacation is another first under your new arrangement!! And another check-box milestone on your smokeless trek once around the sun!!

Have fun! 
Penitent

• Quit Meter

$56,639.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1121 Hours: 21

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi StellaBlue,
 Congratulations on your braces. What a wonderful gift to give yourself for being a quitter. When you are out in the woods next week, ENJOY all the wonderful aromas that will be filling your CLEANER lungs.
ACTUALLY QUITTING is the best!  It sure is, no doubt about it! 
Stay strong you quitter.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,129.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter