Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New Member looking for ideas

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya, I am based in the UK and dont know if we have that here? However, I am reluctant to go to far down the meds route and as a lot of people have said today I just think I am having trouble with taking that first step of commitment. Have been doing a lot of reading today and have concluded that whilst my conscious mind is willing it is having a big battle with my sub-conscious and am therefore looking at exploring the hypnotherapy route again. Am waiting for a local clinic to call me back! Thank you everyone for sticking by me, I hope to be an official 'member' very soon ;) Will keep you posted Chops xx
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chops, Have you considered medication (e.g. Chantix)? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $377 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 13

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chops, Congrats to you and hubby for deciding to quit smoking. Dont stop trying...day 1 is the hardest, but day 2 is a little easier, and by the end of day 3 the nicotine is out of your system. Just keep saying "I won't smoke for the next ___ (hour, 5 minutes, 1 minute)! Then, come and read and post, and don't smoke until you have received 3 replies. Try it, please? You can do this! If all of us quitters can do it, we know you can! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,048 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chops LISTEN TO KEVIN!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 258 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,682 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1354.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chops, just been reading this thread, sounds like you are having troubles getting off the starting line. Its not uncommon, I had some major major troubles getting off the starting line. It is really worth going through each section of the guide to left. Listing the reasons why you want to quit, and having at least 5 coping strategies for when it hits you. The stronger the coping strategies the better. You can do this Chops! Just take some time to prepare fully. Kind Regards Kev [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �29.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Am a miserable failure, I just cant do this. I felt quite well prepared and was fine for the first six hours or so and then I just felt compelled to smoke! Even typing that I know it sounds stupid but I just dont know how to do this. Am thinking about trying hypnotherapy although I have tried this before and failed along with Allen Carr, patches, gum and everything else! It seems just part of who I am but I am desperate to quit and dont know how, am feeling so miserable but just dont know how to do this! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chops
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chops, How have you made out? The more prepared you are the better. ps; In the beginning... movies work great. It lets you escape reality for a bit and gives your mind a rest. mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,835 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $406.77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, congrats...keep positive...remember once you have prepared yourself to quit two things happen... one, if you cheat you will probably fail because you will have lost your initial resolve to quit. And second, after you quit, you will slowly lose your initial resolve and the cravings will begin to wear you down, at that point it becomes personal...I can do this kind of thing. Sometimes I have to go to the computer and play solitaire, it breaks the craving when I don't really have anything else going on. works for me, try what ever you think might work for you and when you find something use it....goood luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $999 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chops, Not a problem. Take the time to prepare. We are ready when you are! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
Wow you guys are the best! I am so grateful for all your messages and ideas, thank you! Having read through them in the last 24 hours or so however, I came to the conclusion that I wasnt quite ready, I had no water, fruit, drinking straws, crosswords, sweeties, gum or anything in the house and I just havent been able to get out today. However, do not dispair, I am just moving my quit day one day and am heading out this evening to stock up. The fantastic news also is that I have persuaded my husband who also smokes to join me so we are both going to give up tomorrow. Your stories and tips have inspired us both and although I feel a bit bad putting it off for 24 hours having my hubby doing it with me is going to make it so much easier. Will let you know how we get on over the weekend, thanks again! Chops

Reading this thread: