Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

A New Chapter

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wildcat,

Although you are not ready to deal with this discomfort, perhaps by just addressing this discomfort with your osteopath, this may ease the process. These doctors encounter patients everyday who are uncomfortable with being touched or examined. Perhaps just by mentioning it to them, they will be able to ease any additional anxieties you may have.

Keep us updated on how the appointment goes!

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
na. this discomfort goes back toooo far and I am not ready to deal with it.
It goes back to the bare bottom spanking I got at 3 when my mother's boy-friend and she had lover's quarrels.

I do not like to be touched.  no hugs, exams, pats, kisses, hand-shakes, ...
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wildcat,

Maybe it would be helpful to address your questions with the osteopath before he/she performs any of the procedures and have them explained to you.  Let us know how it goes. 

Karen, Health Educator
when I was at cegep there were some 'natural' alternatives that helped me with the migrain if i caught them in time.  But I was never lucky enough to link up with someone to be of help...  that is why I am offering my son some options.

We went to an osteopath.  And witha whole bunch of slight movements and pressures he was able to drtermine that Tigre's are caused by his 3 vertebrae. it is the way the nerves come out and under stress there is some tension and swelling so everything gets pinched.  By going to the accupunctuist we have realigned Tigre's energy patterns so there is not all this tension in his neck and less tendency to swell - so no more headach.  Now we go back and Tigre learns to reinforce the muscles and release the tesion on his own with only a few 'chech-up' appointments at the accupuncturist ,,, after the last two treatements of the series of 8 (6 for one a week and 2 for one every 15 days). 

Tiamat - yes that is my daughter if you can believe it!-  has had everything done to her!  A brain scan - MRI at 4 yrs old and an EEG. We have seen two Neurologists, and 3 pedeatricians.  Then there is the pedea-ophalomogist and the pedae-psychiatrist  to be told that she has a complex motor tic as a bad habit.  It might have stared as a way to soothe an ear infection or throat thing but it is not a bad habit that Tiamat does not want to give-up.  And she looks like she is possessed by a daemon!  So feb 2 I am taking her to the ostepath nothing else has panned out!

I am afraid of the alternatives for me.  I feel the energy shifts and I am worried that these methods might unblock something I put into place as a control valve.   I do not want my chi to rise and send me hypomanic for 2 or 3 weeks - okay unless i am camping this summer (but that might cause other adult probles).  I am kinda uncomfortable with being touched by my MD that I know now for 7 yeras - even for a thraot infection ...  So an osteopath !!! who countss bones and muscles!!! can you imagine my willies.  I really want to fix this halh healed ankle and a bunch of other things ... but there are so many buts ands and ifs!
Mom of 3,   If this is something you are interested in, a homeopathic is definitely something you should try. As your co-worker explained her experience, did this help ease any of your scepticism?  There are a number of resources available on the internet on homoeopathy. Perhaps reading some of this may help you in your decision?   Have any other members had experience with homoeopathy?     Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sarah,

My co-worker goes to a homeopathic who determines what vitamins are lacking in your diet and customizes a plan for your specific needs.  She swears by him but I'm still skeptical.  I also think it might be worth a try since I've treated my headaches for years with conventional meds and still have them.  I don't know anything else about it.

Mom of 3,   What alternative therapies are you considering to help with your migraines? Often your family doctor will have information available on these therapies and may be able to suggest which one would work best for your situation.   Members, what has your experience been with alternative therapies? Any suggestions for how Mom of 3 can cope with the migraines?     Sarah, Health Educator
Hi Wildcat,
I get a migrane at least once a month with my hormonal shift and it's been happening since 1989 after the birth of my second child - that's full blown migranes but have had bad headaches since the age of 5.  I have never tried alternative therapies but have been considering seeing someone my co-worker told me about.  At this point, while I find them bothersome, it is more important to me to keep myself stable. It is like walking a tight-rope.

My son has begun to get headaches too.  Not migranes but the kind I got as a child - "tension headaches".  One ibuprofen usually works and at least he's 10 instead of 5. 

I got some work done in my bedroom today and cleaned out the stuff I found of my husband's.  I still am unsure what his plans are.  He confuses me still. 

hi MO3.
do you get migraine often?  I am good for the moment. some years it is worse.
my 10 yr old son has started and the dr could only offer advil   so I went alternative!  and accupuncture has done the tric. monic has children's rates and my insurance covers part of the cost... thank goodness! goddess, god,
I am thankful that I have you all to support me!  Yesterday was not a good day either, I am battling with my hormonal migraine that started Sunday and that I still have.  It is a little better today so I think I'm over the worst of it.  However I did lock my keys in the car last night and will have to wait for my husband to return to unlock it for me.  I guess I'll get the key from him so I don't have this again.  So I am off work b/c I don't feel the need to spend the money to have someone come open it for me.. plus I think I can use a day off.

I am trying to be strong but I think that I can only see it in retrospect, not in the present because my feelings do not convey strength only fear or anger.  I wish I could see it at the time but I can't.

Concerning my aunt I learned she is able to now put weight on her broken leg and will start therapy soon.  This is good news!

I also bought a bed I found on Craig's list.  It is old but is similar to a bed my Grandmother had, so it is fine with me.  I will just have to do a little work to it, but it's for my guest room so my daughters and parents can come stay with us. So these are good things.

Thank you all for your support and prayers, it does help!

Reading this thread: