Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,496 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Getting by 2

8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, people don't believe they can get well from this because of that site. I'm not sure it's worth wrestling with them.  But I could always send people to another site if you find one. 10 years I thought this was permanent. A psychologist friend even told me that depression could quite possibly be cured. That's where all of this started with me. He's an intelligent guy. He's up on all the newest findings. But I can't go through therapy with him because he's out of state. And now there is THIS site!! And new friends who believe!! 
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been pushing CBT only to find a lot of resistance. I get the same storey. "I did CBT and it didn't work." Turns out a lot of CBT isn't even close to CBT.

I'm still in Hospital so Tracy (therapist) came to see me. We talked over what I know and what I'm doing and I got a clean mental bill of health. I've never seen her smile so much. So the information is accurate but the presentation is too intense. And like she said to me it is perfectly logical because I've been doing it a long time. Over and over with each new person that wants to do it. 

Davit
9 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am new member and I can agree I haven't found allot of use out of the forums. However I do like the educational program side, however have found very little time to use it as I work full time, am a single mother etc. I am only on step 2 (sad I know) It sounds odd but its almost helpful to hear from others and hear their stories and there doesn't seem to be just allot of that going on here, and that's okay, not knocking it, just an observation. Ive struggled with panic disorder for 5 years now, so I guess I am a rookie in a way. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, hope everyone has a great day.
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit, Thanks for the info. I've got some health issues to tend to right now and some other stuff going on too so I am going to take a little respite for now. It's good to see you meeting new people and having fun with the new site. I am sure there are many others here too that will benefit from having a more active site to go to for support. Have fun my friend..Red
If you want to keep this site you moved to your own little secret I can definitely understand that. Sometimes we need a change of scene and people to talk to. I have found myself at a loss for words of what to say in the forums here myself lately. I agree there are very few members now and the forums are not very active anymore. I am glad you found a new more active site to move to. It has been nice knowing you..Maybe we will bump into each other sometime somewhere again..So you around...Red...
Davit,,, Just one little bit of info is missing in your post. Like Where is this place that you mentioned. Where is There?
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have followed some one to another site and have become very active their. It is out of the UK and very good. You can find me there now. Their forums are more active. I'm using the same name. 

Davit.
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi members.

I've been dragging my butt around and putting a good face on it. The thought, not my butt. It was getting a bit depressing, but I am getting older so accepted it. Turns out I have low potassium. Not much, but enough to give me sore muscles and make me tired. Monday I will find out if bananas will be enough or if I'll need medication. I'm not a big fan of bananas but I do like banana loaf. Interesting that I used to take two bananas with me for lunch when I rode my bike on week ends. (up to 50 miles a day) Now I can hardly walk to the end of the driveway.

Sun is out a bit today. All my plants that I started are up except petunias. Snow is almost gone and the pond is thawing out. Geese are enjoying it and the fresh grass.

Davit
9 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the website.  I'll check it out.
Hi Cardio Tech...I Just wanted to share some info with you and others that may be pre diabetic or diagnosed with type 1 or 2 diabetes. There is a very informative site on diabetes that I belong to. Their web addresses is www.diabetesforum.com in case your interested. Lots of good information on their site and a great support group too. I also take metformin. I started out on two 500 mg extended tabs daily and have recently reduced my dose to one tab daily and my numbers are still looking good as is my lipid panel. I have lost 30 pounds so far. My triglycerides are a little high still so I eat very little white flour, potatoes, or sugar. I have CAD too and stiffening and thickening of the heart also know as a enlarged heart left atrium so diet is a major factor for me. I also gave up wheat, sugar and went gluten free over a year ago. I eat bread maybe once a month and very little sugar. Anyway I hope the site that I mentioned above helps you and others who are looking for information on diabetes. They're a great group. Red...:))

Reading this thread: