Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Getting by 2

9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eggs, Thinking ahead, by printing those forms shows you're in control of what you can control. I did the same with some other kinds of forms. Some things we can't just manage though...don't sweat that small stuff.
9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another hot day in the 90's today. So I have be looking on line for a new quilt project to get involved with. I find to much idle time is not good for the mind.. Red :0)
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It rained itself out last night and cleared off. Froze again too. This is normal for this month. Going to be like this all week and then snow. This is why I only have the slow to start seeds started. Some of them take more than a week to germinate. There will be plenty of time to get the green houses ready. 

Red, if it is that hot already are you going to have a very hot summer. Anything above 80 is too hot for me.

Davit

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's been pretty hot here with 92 degrees today. It's 7pm right now and it still 86 degrees on the patio. They say our temps have been 15 to 20 degrees above normal this week. Must be global warming. So I have been inside most of the day. Now that things seem to have calmed down around here. I am looking for a new project to get engrossed in. Of course I am a little anxious because I have been down this road before when all was calm and I started to get engrossed in a project and then all hell broke lose with one little phone call from my partners grown kids. So I am being very mindful of the boundaries that I set after that last indecent. That was 9 months ago and I am finally getting back on track again and feeling pretty good too. I am hoping that I can finally relax a bit....Red:)
Taking a break from planting seeds. It has been blowing and raining all day. A really miserable day if you have to be out in it. I'm not thankfully. I did light the fire and it is warm in the kitchen where I am sticking seeds in cell packs. Petunia seed is ten cents per seed. Plants though are fifty cents per plant. And these are not the fancy ones at two dollars a plant. The seed is very small and I have spring loaded tweezers to pick them up. Still I will be buggy eyed before I am done. I'm trying snap dragons again. They were my Grandmother's favourite and remind me of my childhood living in her house. 
Supposed to rain itself out today and then a week of sun mostly. Higher up the mountains this is probably snow. I can't see them so can't tell. This weather always reminds me that I am lucky to have a nice warm house and a pension. The flowers will be so pretty this summer. I can't remember when the geese come back, but it can't be long now. Well back to planting seeds. 

Davit
Well it has started I'm filling cell packs with my starter soil mix and watering them. This weekend I will put seeds in them. Petunia seed is very small and expensive so it will require patience. Tomato seed and leek seed is bigger and cheaper but still takes time. I'd rather weed for hours than start seeds. 
Snow is going very fast now. At this rate the pond will be open soon. A little bit of green and open water and the geese will be back. A bit of fresh snow won't bother them any more than it bothers the tulips. Going to rain tonight but tomorrow will be nice then back to rain or snow. Normal spring here. Lilacs have big fat buds. 
Just another day in paradise.

Davit
Today wasn't a particularly good day, but it wasn't bad. I nuked two chicken breasts and stuffed them with a mix of fried onion, raw egg, green relish and bread crumbs. Now I will grill them on the BBQ till they are browned and the filling is set. About half an hour I think. It will be a bit longer since it is charcoal not propane. It takes time to heat.
Some times people don't put my stuff back after using it or they put it where it is hard for me to get at it. I need My dolly to move four bales of peat moss and can't find it. They are too heavy to drag, I tried. This is frustrating but only contributes to my physical annoyance. Not my mental. Unless someone borrowed it and didn't tell me. That happens too. 
I try to do at least some things each day that I enjoy just to stay positive. Today fell a little shy. The tulips are coming up. That sight will do.

Davit.
I'm feeling miserable today, with a stomach ache and flu-like symptoms. Maybe I didn't wash my hands before eating something when I was out. I'll be over this soon.
Hugs

People are for the most part stronger than they think if they give themselves a chance. One woman here made the decision to have a damaged leg removed even though it would disfigure her so she could better look after her family. Another single mom looked after her family even driving a car and shopping even though she did not have the use of her legs. Her day was spent in a wheel chair. It amazes me the kind of crap people go through for others. I don't doubt they spend many a night in tears but you are never going to know it. I too have my happy face. Learning to enjoy what few good moments there are in a day is the best weapon against anxiety. Making more of them is the second best.

Food is an interesting thing. Too many foods cost less than the packaging. And the package we throw away. Processing is the next highest cost. Foods that keep should be bought in the largest size convenient. Canned food on case lot sales. 
Frozen over canned. Keep in mind the cost of running a deepfreeze is less than you think if you consider the heat it gives off if it is in the kitchen instead of outside. The heat off my fridge and small kitchen deepfreeze go toward heating that room. Canned food might keep longer than frozen but the quality is not as good. That goes into consideration when I buy things.

Davit
Davit, I find Tylenol slows my regularity, so I avoid it if I can. As for this anxiety, I find with time, it runs it's course, and I have less energy to waste on it, since there are more important things to use my strength for. I went to a talk on budgeting for food, and felt sad after, wondering if my mom felt so lonely after she was widowed as a younger woman, going to similar activities, and trying to help me and my brother survive in a world which was unfamiliar to her.

Reading this thread: