Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Getting by 2

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can't believe this, it is the 20th of sept. It has been raining heavy for days. I feel like I'm just getting by. I don't want to do anything. It usually passes, but seems to be sticking around this time. I don't know what it is. I'd like it to go though. I was going to go to the library yesterday but was just too tired. Only a blood test will tell if the infection is going. It feels like it is. I'm just whining tonight. Not enough sleep last night. 

Davit
Thank you Cardio

Right now it would be very high, Keflex is killing the staph off a bit fast. I have a flare too. For those that don't know what a flare is. Muscles stiffen up and although there is little inflammation there is also little range of motion. A cup of tea becomes very heavy and it takes two hands to get it to my face. A straw helps. Getting dressed is hard. Grasping blankets almost impossible. Forget about lifting a pot of water. And there is pain. Good news is though that with a temporary increase in medication it will subside in 8 to 12 hours and be gone in 24. Yes I know that is a long time to be in pain. 

Good news is the swelling from the infection in my leg is going down. It doesn't itch as much.
Bad news is the deer are eating my apples. No bears yet, but they will be here. They come every year. 
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck.  Here's hoping your WBC count goes down....
Cardio

So far only oral but it is 15.3 and not septic so I may get away without the picc line. If next weeks blood test isn't down it will be picc and pump. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you take oral antibiotics...or do you have a picc line??
I got my blood test results today only to find I should have stayed in the hospital. White cell count is going up. Still have infection even though I don't feel all that bad. So another test next week and more antibiotics to take till then.

Life goes on. It would be better if I didn't have so much to do.

Davit 

Could be worse, some one I used to work with had an aneurysm. He is much younger than me. 
Thank you for your concern. 

I remember when I was addicted to Ativan. There was a small window when I could do things without being too sleepy. CBT gave me what I needed so I could quit using it. Took me a year to get off it though. I have a prescription for Valium mostly as a muscle relaxant because I can't use Flexerol. 

The morphine is not something I use a lot but since I can't use the artificial's or codeine it is all I have stronger than tylenol. I wouldn't bother but I'm trying to catch up after being sick three weeks and doing little. 

Definitely one day at a time.

Davit
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry to hear the morphine made you so tired. 

In a way, I understand. When I take my anxiety pills, I feel better as in less anxious but I feel quite tired or sleepy. It's always kind of a toss up between what helps most.
Yesterday morning I took one morphine. It was recommended that I take one a day till I get caught up. Well yesterday was a good day. So this morning when I was sore I did it again. Only now I am sooooo sleepy. I guess I'll wait till it wears off. I'm just barely keeping the cleaning ahead of the messing. It doesn't leave much time for doing anything outside. I'm determined to get on the tractor later today. But first a nap whether I want one or not. No anxiety here since every second day is usually not very good. So off to la la land for a bit and then see how I feel.

Davit
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tried cooking a pasta some friend suggested, but couldn't get the dough to come out right. Then I realized I have a machine that makes the pasta dough! I'm angry that I failed, and angry that I missed the obvious machine. I have the resources to buy gourmet stuff anyway...I just wanted to make someone happy. Not watching the negativity of tv was probably good too.

Reading this thread: