Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Update

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweatbee

I do have a good therapist but I have known two who were not so good. It could be because I have known them personally instead of professionally. She leads me carefully and lets me find the answers on my own with as little pushing from her as possible but she is capable of kicking my butt when I am on the wrong track. I try to do this also. Yesterday I let something get to me and had a minor little crash and burn. I knew it would be better today. Much like having a twenty four hour flu. It goes away. I am doing well aren't I and thank you for pointing that out. My goal is to see everyone doing well. I will pass on every thing My therapist says that I think will help.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, Cleo you live on an island! How wonderful! 

SIM
13 years ago 0 122 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Davit,

I just wanted to tell you that I can see all the good progress you
have made in the last few months, with your determined drive
and the great therapist you have, I see you making great strides
in the months to come. Keep up the good work! It gives others
hope.

sweatbee
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I like this idea of focusing on one emotion at a time and not letting a previous event or emotion spoil the whole day. You have a very good therapist.  Thanks for sharing this info.  I am sure looking at it this way will help me also.  Those emotions do get the best of me when there's to many going on at the same time.  It's good to hear you are having happy days again. Keep up that positive attitude.  Talk to you later.

Red
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My heart says to live on an island.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,
Anerol, so happy to hear that the past couple of days have been great for you! No anxiety at the library..wonderful! Enjoy your books.
Davit,  so true about the emotions. Glad to hear you've had some carefree happy days!
I bet both of your pizzas will be yummy.
SIM, I agree about the water...I live on an island, so lots of water around....one of my favourite things is to go to the beach and  breathe in the air, and soak up the view....oh...I want to go right now!  Keep following your heart!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, really poetically written Davit! Props! 

I think we all should live near water, I think it's great for the soul.... I think I will make the point of trying to live near water... My body wants to, and it's important to listen to what your body wants.

Gotta follow the heart.

SIM
My therapist gave me a sheet of paper with a bunch of emotions on it. I forgot how many there were. She told me I have too many happening at the same time and too concentrate on only one at a time. Amazing what that has done for me. Now I catch myself with the wrong emotion for the situation. Being mad when I am gardening instead of happy because a certain person set me off earlier is an example. Now I catch myself and drop the anger and switch to happy. Mad has it's place but not all day long. So if you are mad be mad and get it over and go back to happy, don't carry it over to where it doesn't belong. It builds negativity. I wonder how many of you are carrying the wrong emotions for the wrong situation?Just by concentrating on the emotion happy I have been able to have three carefree very happy days in a row so far. I like this. 
Pizza sounds great and I do make a good crust. Think I'll do that too.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,
I can see how pretty it is through your description, but I bet it was breath taking to actually experience it. Thanks for sharing. 

Yesterday and today have been great for me. I was able to sit through dinner last night without any anxiety and I was able to wash dishes happily too. Today I was able to go to the library and I didn't get anxiety at all. Since it's the summer there's a lot of kids there but it didn't bother me. I also found 4 books in the books store at the library that I've always wanted so I'm very happy today. I made pizza crust and now must go finish it. No anxiety yet.

SIM

I miss lakes too. I miss the raw beauty of waves pounding in and the wind blowing the tops off the whitecaps. I miss being dressed up warm and feeling small sitting on the shore during a bad storm. I miss the calm after as the lake settles down and the rollers go up and down. I miss riding up and down on them while pulling a net so I can feed me and my dog team. But mostly I miss watching the sun go down on it dead calm with only the odd splash from a fish and the call of a loon. I miss the peace and tranquillity and I miss the time, it was slower paced and I was a whole lot happier. I wish everyone could see this memory through my eyes. I wish I could go back. I guess you had to be there to know what I mean. Not that I'm not happy just that I was a lot happier. (There was anxiety then it just never ever turned into panic.)

Davit.

PS. I have a piece of ugly butternut firewood I'm salvaging for the lathe, this one will really have to talk to me. Right now it still looks like firewood.

Reading this thread: