Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Permananent relief from panic and depression

20 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kitkat and Dunc Listen, I don't mean to be a pain here but I already have Adobe Acrobat but the 9 pillars were sent to me through Word. I really want to digest what these pillars are and if its for me. Let me know where I'm going wrong. Like I said, it is already on my system via Word and as I already have adobe acrobat I would imagine it has coming through to me wrongly.
20 years ago 0 215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
" am proud of myself for pushing through the fear. I set a goal and met it and survived. :o) It was great. I plan to do it more often." What a tribute to you, Jessica!!!! Most important, is that you survived. Thanks for your comments too, on the "What If" That's exactly what I meant. Thing is, *what if* if you really look at it, never happens...ONLY in our minds....why is it that we give more credence to our imaginings, than what actually happens in reality? It is an important distinction, to make, I think. I mean, right now, I consider what Dunc brought here, a blessing. Again what is there to lose? Noting, except maybe our unreasonable fears? Perhaps... ;)
20 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the encouragment. I am proud of myself for pushing through the fear. I set a goal and met it and survived. :o) It was great. I plan to do it more often. I agree with you kitkat. I think listening and filling your mind with other's fears and struggles tends to make that a reality in our own lives and makes it harder. Especially with the "what if" thinking. Just last night I had a hard time going to sleep. I felt panicky for no reason at all, then I started thinking about one of my close friends stories about her panic (that she can't sleep at night because of the disorder). Then I thought what if I don't sleep and it becomes a pattern. I had to take those thoughts captive and I fell asleep, but it was a struggle. So, by hearing her struggle, it made it harder for me. Not that we can't encourage each other, but sometimes obsessing about it, can do more harm than good. That's just my opinion. I think dunc is just trying to help. If you are not interested in the program, don't do it. But it is atleast worth looking at. It helped me the other night and I feel great. I think that I will use the method, I don't have anything to lose :o). Thanks again for all of your encouragement. Love, festivefeet <><
Jessica You are stronger than you know...and I applaud you..you did, exactly, what the program said..it's alot like exposure....I think, with practice it will get EASIER....be sure to take NOTE of what you did and USE that experience to press forward..... HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Pam I just resent it to you...let me know when you get it. As for giving it out free, well, I agree totally with what Dunc said. You get what you pay for, and for what he charges, well think of all you've spent on other therapies, RX's etc. I tried the one that Ann tried that was free...the tapping and it seemed to work, but not completely. I think it's ridiculous to expect that he'd give it out free. You think when they find a cure for lung cancer, it will be given out FREE? That is completely unrealistic. I, for, one am using this method and plan on success. As for Ann's ? about whether or not to continue this support group, it's up to the individual. I would like to support people as I come closer to my goal, but part of this group has always scared me. In the sense, that the more I've listened to others about their fears, the more fearful I've become. I've felt bad that my anxiety is minor, by comparison. I've never been on meds so perhaps it will be easier for me. I dunno...all my life I have been pretty indepedent. It just makes sense to me, that we have far more control over ourselves (thoughts, emotions) than we sometimes like to believe. It's always easier (for me, too) to sometimes look outside ourselves for the reason we are the way we are, rather than inward. When we look inward, it forces us to take hold of our fate and forces responsibility...it's like I can't control WHAT has happened over the years..the only thing I CAN control, is how I respond to it. I think I will drop in from time to time to read and maybe give everyone an update, but I don't want to get involved to the point of doubting myself. Most of you that I've forwarded the program to, have my email and I'm happy to correspond that way, as well. In my opinion, part of any program WORKING is believing that it will...if you've already decided that it requires giving up too much immediate comfort in place of future complete comfort, then you're right, it's not likely going to work for you. I care for everyone I've met here....and I will drop in from time to time, but for me to get well, I have to focus on what I think will work for me. I expect everyone else will do the same... Cheers kitcat :)
20 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jessica, Great job!! You did it. I know it was very uncomfortable but it has had to help your self confidence. Don't give anyone one credit but yourself. I have read the pillars, and I'm not sure if they are right for me. Some of the things he says are things I already do, and some are a little "out there." I believe we need support (like this group) and it read to me as if we need to hide this dirty little secret. Just my opinion. Good for you , keep it up!! Shannon ;)
20 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i agree that understanding and support are essential (and there is a section in the Linden method to do with that). I keep replying because people are making assertions that simply are NOT true. Where in the method does it say to not have the full support of your family and friends? Or trust in god that he is with you and helping as you fight to get better. It merely says stop talking about it all the time and making it more of a focus for your life. Not that others shouldn't know, give encouragement, or a long cuddle on days when you struggle. My girlfriend (soon to be fiancee i hope) and friends were a huge part in my reovery. But they can';t do it for you. Your not mr or mrs no feelings but you are strong, strong enough to overcome anxiety. Its nothing to do with healing urself with a tape. That assertion implies you haven't even read the method. In my humble opinion the Linden method is extremely empathetic. I replied to Kelli with my views. I am very sympathetic to Kelli i wish i could take her suffering away for her. The point here is why are people angry at me for asserting that if you use a method in the right way it will help? If you don't it ain't gonna. What's wrong with that? I've sent the Linden method to people for free. I'm not selling it.
20 years ago 0 131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does this Linden Method mean that we shouldnt be using this support group???
20 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will say I tried the Linden Method out on Saturday night. My husband and I went to my parents (hour drive) and stayed until dark because of my sister's birthday. I told my husband that I wanted to drive home (even though the thought of it scared me to death, especially in the dark). But I was determined to not allow the panic to get in the way of my goal. As I drove I could feel the panic rise up within me, I turned up the radio and started to sing, as I passed each exit I felt that I would vear off and make my husband drive. I was dertermined. After 50 minutes of shear fear, panic and dertermination I realized I was ounly about 10 minutes from home. I had did. I never once mentioned it to my husband, that I was having a hard time. I did it on my own. I survived with success. It was a great feeling. I don't know as though I would have done this if I didn't know about the method. I would have just let my husband drive, like always. Sooo, I do agree with many things that the method has to offer. Some I don't agree with. I don't think it is healthy to do everything on your own, especially as a christian. I know for myself if I didn't have God, I would have never made it this far. My husband also has been a rock to me through all of this. So, to block everyone out concerning this would not be possible for me, but I do understand the concept of independence that he is trying to instill. Thanks for listening. Jessica.
20 years ago 0 364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, Im at the point of really getting tired of this thread Dunc, leave it alone, either people will chance it or not, it is obvious that a sales pitch is going on here, you have counteracted a negative post about their experience with it, and you still push it. People I was in remission for 3 plus years from panic and agoraphobia, and had a relapse. I didnt use any special tapes, I found a support group in my area and attended them, I visited many doctors/pyschologists/psychiatrists over the prior time period, I happened to have found one that helped me a great deal, and I went into remission state after about 6 months, it did on my part involve medication, but one thing in common all doctors I have seen, is FAMILY SUPPORT and UNDERSTANDING of the disorder, that is one thing I concur with, you cannot heal yourself by yourself with a tape, or else I guess that certifies me to be a brain surgeon since I watch the TLC channel. Who wants to be my first patient? Not me

Reading this thread: