Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Permananent relief from panic and depression

19 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wanted to comment on the Linden method, though I haven't done anymore than read through the e-book that has been passed around, I do think Mr. Linden has some good ideas. I personally chose to use Lucinda Bassetts program which seems to be very similar to Linden's. The first step to getting mentally well is to get physcially well. You can't be consuming caffiene, nicotine and unheathly foods if you suffer with anxiety. Lucinda talks about a guy in her program that drank a pot of coffee every morning and 10 sodas throughout the day while smoking two packs of cigarettes and he couldn't understand why he had panic attacks. Just like the post before mine says if you want to get well you have to take certain steps and work at getting well. Popping pills will work for awhile , but they are only masking your symptoms.
19 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
While I will not reveal any of the actual materials in the Linden Method I will comment on it. The method is based on eating properly (the correct foods are outlined), proper exercise, visualization, posture, breathing etc....a real holistic approach. Not voodoo, good solid habits. There are mental coping methods included and recommendations for natural substances to be substituted for chenmical medications. Also included are relaxation methods, audio guided visualization aids (almost like hypnosis) and a book with outlines of what the various natural herbs, minerals and such are good for, and where they can be found naturally in foods. I have just completed the book and will begin the program tomorrow. I plan on getting out to the natural food store today to pick up supplies. The fact that Mr. Linden does NOT sell the "vitamins and herbs" himself speaks well to his honesty. He makes no money by directing you to a healthy lifestyle. It was refreshing to finish the book without seeing a "pitch" to buy "Linden herbal teas". It seems that Mr. Linden believes that a much more natural lifestyle is the answer to anxiety. He outlines his method fairly clearly in the book and provides audio and video aids as well. This is not a "pop a pill" and get better routine, it does require effort on the part of the participant to follow the guidelines, but the guidelines are not unreasonable or difficult. I guess the basic feeling I get from this is that he believes in a "back to nature" approach. He claims it has worked wonders for him and I do know from personal experience that once the body is physically well and in balance, that the mental portion is more likely to be in order. For instance, if anxiety and bowel problems (to use just one example) are partners in crime....which causes which? Does the anxiety cause the bowel problems or the bowel problems cause the anxiety...or perhaps they feed off each other. Well, with proper diet and exercise the bowel problems can be corrected. If that is done, will the anxiety also dissipate somewhat? I dont know, but Im willing to give it a shot. In October of last year I was down to 180 lbs and feeling pretty good both mentally and physically. Then I got a bad case of the hives. The allergist put me on prednis
19 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everybody! Any updates/reactions on the Linden Method? :quest:
19 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,I just wanted to respond to what nikole said about Lucinda Bassetts program, I used it and it worked wonderfully for me. I haven't had any anxiety for months. Just thought I would let everyone know because someone out there may be considering it and because nikole said it sucked may decide not to try it. I also read through Linden's method and his ideas are similar to Lucindas. So I guess the point is try whatever you need to try to get well. The cost doesn't matter much to me because I was paying a fortunate in therapy and meds nowI don't have to do that.
19 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nicole.I have the electronic version.It was only 82.00.Its really helped me.Not just the manual but the visualization and excersise video.Its money well spent.I dont know what else to say but hope you get better and your not alone.
19 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[b]Hello[/b]My I'm 23,I live in sc.I've had anxiety and panic attacks since I was 15.I'm seaching for a cure.I've ordered many books and programs.I am curious about the Linden Method.I've already spent so much money on Lucinda Bassett That really sucked!!And I have read alot of books on overcoming the fear. I've also printed out the 12 wk. program offered on this web-site I've been on medication for years now zoloft 150 mg.My anxiety is pretty severe I dont like to go out far any where b/c of panicing over nothing. Can I see a copy of that manual .I still have hope that someday I'll be normal again.
19 years ago 0 201 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I dont think there is any need to be more skeptical of this mehthod than any other self-help method. I purchased the 160 dollar printed version (I prefer to read from a book rather than a computer screen) last week and when you buy the hard copy, you get immediate access to the 97 dollar E-version as well. I downloaded the materials and could indeed have printed the manual from the downloaded version (it is quite long however) and burned my own CD's and saved 60 bucks. So for those of you that are computer savy, the E-version will do nicely for you. We need to look at his website like a Hollywood movie trailer. It is there to pique your interest and get you to contact them. He cannot actually give the method away on the web page. If he did that what incentive would you have to purchase the program? The fellow hasa right to make a living. Your shrink and your psyc dont work free and this guy shouldnt have to either. As for his method...it is very much like a variety of other self-help methods available (to a point). It involves breathing techniques, posture, visualizations, physical exercises and lots of hard work and mental effort by the participant. It is not a "magic bullet" that will cure you with a cursory "once over". If that is what you seek...this will disappoint you. As with any method, you wil only get out of it what you put into it. The substantial differences I see between the Linden Method and others is the base philosophy. I have just scratched the surface of the program but it is very different in its psychological approach than most others I have read. It is logocal (at least to me) and well outlined. It looks like it will require a good deal of dicipline from the participant. I know we are all looking for that quick fix...you know, the effortless one. Well, Mr. Linden tells you right away that this method is not a panacea, it is a program that must be followed to be effective. I will not reveal the philosophy or methods from the manual. That is copyrighted material and I believe strongly in respecting copyright laws. My point with this post is that this method (that seems to have caused a stir here) reqiures hard word and dedication from the "patient" and it is not a "wham bam thank you mam" solution for your anxiety. The
19 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Meadowlark.I amdoing the Linden method right now.This is my 4th week.It has helped me a lot.It has changed my life.Ever day seems better and better.Try it you want be sorry.You just have to be determind when you do it.
19 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I am new on this. I'd really like to look at that document to see if it can help my anxiety and ocd problems that are driving me mad. Thanks for your time, Adam
19 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Medowlark. I think everyone is sceptical. I guess he markets it hard so that people will give it a go. He offers the money back for the same reason. Its easy to be sceptical, its hard to give something a go and stick to it and believe in it. However, its my opinion that people that do so with the Linden Method will receive the benefits. I believe Charles' story is comes from the heart and i don't see how else he can market his method. He could shut up and keep it to himself i guess. :)

Reading this thread: