Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

June quitter

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 19, and I'm happy to report that the weekend was the easiest I've had yet.  Almost no thoughts of smoking at all. I went through the days feeling like a nonsmoker (as in, someone who never thinks about cigarettes) instead of like a smoker-trying-to-quit.  It was great.  I noticed one or two reflexive cues to smoke (one was with a certain person, the other was with a certain situation), but was able to just observe it, laugh, and let it go.  I have a high-trigger work situation this afternoon (meeting with a draining client, to do a task I don't want to do, tripled with a long drive back afterward.... this is a perfect storm for me, and a time when I really want the relief and "reward" of a smoke afterward).  I'm grateful to know I do not HAVE to smoke over this, but I am on guard against the reflexive desire to smoke returning. It'll be fleeting though, and nothing a little solo belting out tunes on the way home can't cure.
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Feels good doesn't it?  Made it through hell week and heck week, keep it going. Onto blah week.
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 8

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Day 15. I feel like I haven't smoked in forever. ha.
I use Chrome as well.  If I am in a thread, I can click on the back pages of it no problem, but if I am in the title pages I can't see get past the first page.  I got a few extras by changing my settings to "view 50 posts at a time," so that'll keep me busy for now :)
It's working for me. If I click on the number 8 page in this forum it brings up some messages from 2014. Maybe you need to refresh your browser? I'm using Chrome, what do you use?

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Can someone let me know how I can access the archives of this board?  I can only see the first page of each sub-forum. When I click on the numbered pages, it just reloads the front page.
2 weeks :)  I feel like I spend most of my time not thinking about smoking, which is nice. I look forward to the day when I no longer identify with smoking.  Or when my sense of self and identity is no longer tied to being a smoker.  Someone approached me last night and said, "I heard you quit smoking again." That actually felt good, as well as being a jolt of accountability out of the blue. One more person supporting the effort.  Or one more person I don't want to admit failure to.

And I noticed I typed "pubic" instead of "public" in my last post. The universe conspires to keep me humble one day at a time :)
Hi StellaBlue,
 Almost through heck week, keep it going! You can enable your smoking meter by going into the "my program" and click on the settings. Then use the drop down box to enable the meter after you fill out the fields.  
Never "bum" one. There's no such thing as "just one". That's the easiest trap to fall into and blow your quit journey. Soon the "I think I can" is going to turn into "I KNOW I can", and the urges will become distant memories. Just keep taking it one day at a time, and those days will add up quickly on your meter.  
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Made it through the long weekend, I think today is Day 13. Almost two weeks without a cigarette, I haven't accomplished that since last year... I still feel like a smoker-trying-not-to-smoke rather than a nonsmoker.  At this point my quit is quite pubic within my social sphere, which is helping.  I don't want to hurt my pride by bumming a smoke from someone. I think my cravings are both physical and mental - I experience strong cravings right about now in the morning (which remind me to take my little half pill of Champix), and then any cravings are more emotional in nature after that.
Hi StellaBlue,
 Keep fighting those urges, you are stronger than they are. Like you said, take it one day at a time. Each day that passes you gain more control of your life instead of those darn cigarettes controlling it. Pretty soon those urges will start to fade away, and then they will become few and far between. That's way down the road though. Don't think about the long term right now, concentrate on today. 
 Nine days is a great start on your quit journey. Are you rewarding yourself yet?
  That urge to smoke you're talking about, is that a physical urge or a mental urge? Keep changing your routine and don't give in, you can do this.   
Stay strong and hang in there.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter