Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Tomorrow is the day I hope

17 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks angelcapp. I chain smoked at work and I am by myself here, unless a customer comes in. I am a graphic artist and I burned a lot of smokes sitting at this computer. It's challenging here, but I feel determined. I like your NOPE (not one puff ever). That makes all the difference, doesn't it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6617 Hours: 7

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing just great. Keep up the good work. Keeping busy is one of the keys. I found my quit to be easier at work, because we can't smoke at work, except outside, so it just seemed easier to not smoke at work at all. My quit was harder at home because that was where I smoked the most. Hang in there and remember NOPE (not one puff ever) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Thanks odat, I'm on day 5 now. I think I pulled 800,000 weeds over the weekend. My husband was having a hard time getting me to wuit, because it was keeping my mind off smoking. It worked really well. Now I'm back at work and facing the challenges there. But I am on day 5!!! I can't turn back now! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes you can. I did after 30+ years smoking. Its' been 11 weeks now.Hang in there one second at a time & keep busy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,765 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $533.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Thanks Danielle! Distraction is the easy part. I may just be one of the busiest people on the planet. This computer is one of my triggers tho, so I have to be really careful not to spend as much time on it for a while, except for this site of course. I'm doing really good for the 1st half of day 1. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scaredycat-no-more, Congratulations on day 1! You may find distractions helpful to help keep your mind off quitting. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
I did it. I smoked my last cigarette at 10:00 last night. I've been up for 4 hours and 15 minutes and it has been easy so far (thank you Chantix and wonderful people on this post!) I also changed my name this morning to "Scaredycat-no-more". I'm actually feeling pretty empowered this morning. I can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cutting back sure didn't work for me - someone likened it to cutting a dog's tail off a little at a time. Just prolonging the agony. Yes I thought it was agony to quit - but I believed those who had gone before me that it would get easier. And that I wouldn't die from withdrawal. Lo and behold it got better and lo and behold I did not die. The Nico demon died and so did this horrid addiction that had plagued me for 30 years. Oh...by the way, when you get rid of ALL of your smokes and ashtrays, be sure you get rid of your butts too. I burned them in the woodstove. Instead of searching in the garbage can for "just one drag" to help you through the next five minutes, run to the computer instead and read and post. This site saved my quit many a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 733 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,347 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2565.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 103 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$794,815.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5683 Hours: 8

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Scaredycat, In answer to your question "Can I really do this" YES YOU CAN!!! Since tomorrow is your quit date start by getting rid of all your ashtrays, lighters and matches. Stock up on sunflower seeds, carrots plenty of cold water mints anything to occupy your hands. Avoid things that might be a trigger or change it. Ex. caffeinated coffee, switch to tea, after meals grab some licorice twizzlers anything to start the change in a pattern that has been there for so long. Speaking for myself I was petrified to quit out of fear of the withdrawals and now I think it was more out of fear of losing something that was a part of me for 26 years. It was a crutch in so many ways but now it doesn't bother me as much. The best thing I ever did was quit smoking and it was worth the fear and the withdrawals. I've heard so many positive remarks about chantix and this group of none smokers new and experienced are all here for you so hang in there and keep us informed on how your doing especially if your having a hard time. You can do this and we can help!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,183 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $363 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WHY NOT TRY AND CUT BACK. FIRST GIVE UP ONE AT A TIME, AND DEAL WITH IT? OR SOME ONE GAVE ME THE IDEA OF HAVE SUCKERS...I LOVED THAT IDEA
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: