Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

NEED SOME ADVICE

16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I belong to a weight loss group where I meet once a week with my councellor. Before my 18 days of being smoke free I'd lost 15 pounds. My weight loss is now 11 pounds. I've put 4 lbs. back on. My coucellor(never a smoker), basically told me I have to try harder. And maybe I do. She suggested I swap cigarettes for carrot sticks. I felt like screaming!!!! I'm 18 days smoke free, NOT 18 years. Trying to juggle both at once is not an easy proposition, and although I've tried, I'm losing the battle of the bulge at the moment. I've got to go for my weekly weigh in this Saturday, and I'm not looking forward to it. And I'm DEFINITELY not prepared to start smoking in order to keep my weight down. So to be told I'm not trying hard enough is not sitting well with me at the moment. I think if you've never been a smoker you don't understand. I don't know what to do. I don't want to get weight, and yet I don't want to be a quitter either. Looking for some input, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32

Reading this thread: