Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

NEED SOME ADVICE

16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky - I love that kitty ... but I wish he hadn't "eated my cookie". Misty - would you please send Ben and Jerry over here after you are done with them?? Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 525 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,625.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't give any advice, been on a major eating binge today :blush: I made brownies today and ate half in one sitting. Darn it!! The only thing missing was the ice cream. Todash like the idea of chasing rabbits around trying to feed those critters carrots. The ones that live around here like to eat all my plants. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/carrots-1.gif[/IMG] Tomorrow, there is always tomorrow. Jan the weight will come off one day. Main thing is to stay smoke free. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $882.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Caramel Sutra! Never even knew it existed...danger! Danger! What's a carrot? x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 413 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,499 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,271.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ooooh Todash! oooooooooooo ummm.. I have bene ahving a long term afair with both Ben and Jerry. Ever try Caramel Sutra? ooooooooooo it's hard to type with my eyes rolling back in my head like that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 581 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,893.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, I just got a GREAT idea... You can get loads of exercise by peeling and chopping whole carrots down to stick size, then get out in a field and chase some rabbits to feed them to! Carrot sticks. Humbug. Pass me another tub of Phish Food pur-leeze. x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 410 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,255.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan I am so proud of you and your quit. It seems like most of us have gained weight when we quit BUT a good number of us have also lost it too. I could NEVER have concentrated on weight loss while quitting - those nutty buddies got me through those awful days! After about 100 days I was ready to start working on changing eating habits. The great thing about quitting is that our heart and lungs get healthier and we actually CAN exercise and feel healthy. Drink lots of water, exercise when you can and don't listen to any skinny little counsellor who has no idea how difficult it is to quit! Carrot sticks are STILL not in my vocabulary! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 522 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,610.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan58, That's the spirit! In the average smoker, 100 extra calorie are burnt. In a heavy smoker, 200 calories. A half hour walk will burn those extra 100 calories just like cigarettes did, minus the side of lung cancer. :) Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! Lots of great advice and opinions here. I can manage small changes when it comes to eating. The thing is I have been worrying about this, but I will stop, because I feel pretty terrific just being smoke free nearly 3 weeks! One step at a time. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great topic. I was lucky enough to lose 12 pounds before I decieded to quit and had done that through weight watchers. When I quit I put about 8 of the 11 back on but the nice part was that I hadn't gained back all the weight that I lost. I find not worrying about it is the best thing you can do. Don't let it stress you out as it is fact that you will put weight on after you quit smoking (for so many reasons...eating more, cravings salt and sweets, metabolism slows, etc) but it doesn't mean that it will stay on forever and that you can't lose it. Make small changes that suit you...start walking, pick healthier snacks instead of ones filled with empty or high calories, eat lots of fruits and veggies, start exercising, etc. You know that smoking doesn't keep you skinny, otherwise we would have already cured obesity and I would be a size 2. Smoking keeps us at our current weight (which we may not even like to begin with) but it in no way helps us lose weight. Decide what is important to you....and start making a plan to change it. Don't even think about smoking as it sounds like you have made that conscious decision already and now you can start conquering the weight lose. Use the same tools that you had available to quit smoking and demonstrate that ability to loose weight. It is do-able as you already know and you have proven to yourself that you can quit smoking so let weight management be your next thing just don't push yourself or make yourself crazy because of it. You can do this just put your mind to it like you did with smoking. You are strong...empower yourself. You have the power to decide. Hope it doesn't come across as pushy but quitting smoking has sent my life into a positive upswing and I do believe that we can do anything we set our minds to. Yes it will be hard but what isn't? Stick to it and you will see fabulous results. Even if you don't loose a ton of weight off the start...eating healthy and exercising will make you feel like a million bucks. Good luck and take care. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $855.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How many times do I have to say this girls? I LIKE YOU CUDDLY!!!! me xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 556 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2,919.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 112 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: