Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

NEED SOME ADVICE

16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Milestogo!!! Welcome to you and your husband and congratulations for making it through over a month as non-smokers!!! It sure is great to have another Quitter amongst us!! If you have any questions or comments, always feel free to post! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$44,235.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 16

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, all, quit smoking 32 days ago. Was really out of it for about 3 weeks. Just now starting to feel "normal". Gained 10 lbs. But, I am using my 'Tony Little Gazelle' (kind of like cross country skiing). 2.5 miles a day for the last week. Will work up to 5 miles a day. I haven't changed my diet much yet, but as the old body tightens up, will start with the calories. I was very blessed to have a wonderful husband who quit smoking with me. We were able to support each other (at least when we weren't trying to think of some way to kill each other) (maybe that's why it was so hard to think...) Anyway, don't give up. We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us.
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think cookies are a fruit the come from a tree made by elfs. I saw it on TV so it must be true. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 348 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,218.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy I sure do love my veggies :eg: Now I know what happens to the calories, duh I have forgotten to break my cookies. No wonder I gained weight. I must remember to break them. LOL BJ thanks for the gardening tip. Maybe that is what has happened to mine in the past, alway thought it was blythe (sp). Keep breaking those cookies!!! Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $888.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BJ, I will take your word for it. Chocolate definitely does come from a bean so let's officially make it a vegetable!!!! And the cookies...I could see how the calories could fall out when you break them in half. Ah...thank goodness for spring and all the walking we'll be able to do. I love your way of thinking, Cheers, Jan :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have decided chocolate is a vegetable.. it comes from a bean. If you break a cookie in half before you eat it some of the calories fall out. Spring is coming we can get out and walk ( without huffing and puffing after 30 steps) and be able to smell the flowers.. and a tidbit of information.. if you garden. if you touch tomato plants after you have smoked you can give them a disease.. and kill them. Gardening and weeding is good exercise, we will get some vitamin D from the sun and we can watch things grow .. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I so love this I discussion. We need to laugh and be ok with the weight. I was never a skinny mini BUT I have never weighed this much either in my life. OH WELL..... one thing at a time. Not smoking is a HUGE accomplishment for me and I am extremeley proud of that. I think i will keep my extra pounds instead of playing with some snotty 2 yr olds. Not that I dont love kids but snot makes me gag when I am trying to eat my gummy worms which is wht I gave up ciggys for. I LOVE GUMMY WORMS!! I am 5 weeks smoke free and not completely OK yet BUT I am a NON smoker with an addiction to gummy worms. I wonder if there is a site for that :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/14/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $288.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Island Girl, That's quite the way to lose weight!!!!! HEE HEE :eg: I've actually let up on myself a bit over the past few days. I see myself as a winner. I'm NOT smoking!!!! I'm trying to make healthier choices and although its been hard because of all the ice and snow, I'm doing some walking outside. I've started on the treadmill, just not everyday yet. Sparky, I just love that kitty! This is my 24th day smoke free, and I really don't want to swamp myself with too much too fast. My son just came back from Las Vegas and brought me the BIGGEST box of coloured M&M's he could find!!!! Luckily for me, hubby's been dipping into them. Onward and upward, Cheers, Jan :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not that I am recommending this but~~~~~~about 2 weeks into the quit, I babysat for a group of 2 yr olds, and being 2 yr olds, they came with a nasty assortment of green, gouey snot stringing from one end of themselves to another. Although I wiped off every counter, washed my hands countless times, I still succumbed to "THE BUG". It is now 14 days later, 2 visits to the Doctor, WAY too many pills pushed into my body, including 2 injections and my bronchitis is beginning to abate a bit. BUT..on a positive note..I lost the wieght I had gained those first 2 weeks. (So, if you get really desperate, go find a bunch of snotty children and play with them for a couple of hours and be prepared for 2 more weeks of misery and a few less pounds!!) HeeHee..just a thought! :p Oh, and by the way, just the thought of a smoke makes me sick!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 522 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.93 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When you first started this thread Jan I looked at it, saw something about weight and hit the back button as fast as I could. I've quit smoking so many times in the last year and a half and I'm sure I gained 5 lbs. every time. Anyway, I could easily stand to lose 40 lbs. and this is the first time in my life that I've been more than five or ten lbs. overweight. Right now I'd be so happy if it was only five or ten! I'm doing my best not to binge ... I'm trying to eat healthy ... I'm trying to accept myself the way I am right now ... But mostly I'm trying to live as a non smoker and deal with this weight thing when I'm stronger and more secure in my quit. Its funny though, sometimes I'll catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye and its like ... Holy Crap! Am I ever LARGE. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $696.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: