Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,626 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO

My feelings today

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cammy,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with your son and his dishonesty. This is certainly very disturbing. Have you both asked him why he felt the need to lie or what his goal was in doing so? Is there something deeper going on that is bothering him?

As parents you do the best you can with the tools at hand. Your son is will soon realize as he transitions into adulthood that there are consequences for actions. Although you are doing your best to instill good values and protect your children, there comes a point where you also have to let them make their own mistakes. What do you think?

Hope you can work through this.

Keep us posted.

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there are days when my husband and I wonder what we did to deserve our second child?  Tiamat !!!
we are still looking for the instruction book / bible and hoping there is an address to return defective merchandise to for an exchange or a full reimbursement (accountant humour ).

Cammy.
of course there is no instruction book.  as parents we do the best we can.  There have been millenia of parents all around the globe ... that have said the same words you have just uttered.  You are not a horrible parent only human.  And will your son get into trouble... OF COURSE!!! he is 16, he is supposed to get into trouble. He is trying to learn to be an adult with the experience of being a child.  
( sorry.  I have had my crazy sister in my care from 15 to 21 yrs old with her lazy friends.  Jaded experiences)
15 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just found out a few minutes ago that my older son (16) lied and made acqusations about other employees at his part time work place.  I have told him in the past that "such" stories are not good and will get him into trouble.  He still denies his past stories were made up.  This time its going to get him into BIG trouble.  It makes me feel rotten because I never brought him up like that,  always be honest!, but now he is getting himself into trouble he can not back out of.

These things add a lot of stress to me and wife, that we do not need.  Its times like this that I wish I could drop him off at childrens aid and let them deal with him.

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Cammy! Great to hear that you went out to meet people today!
Have you tried challenging these feelings, and telling yourself over and over that you are fine and that you are doing a great?

Members, what works for you?

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Nice and sunny and "warm" today for a winter day.  Went out to meet people for about 1 1/2 hours.  I feel so "jittery" and anxious.  My stomach in "knots"    I hate these feelings, just wish I could feel "nothing" for once.
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cammy,

I encourage you to challenge your negative core beliefs and begin to change them.  However, in order to challenge them, you need to identify them as well as your positive core beliefs and test out some new positive core beliefs.  Take a look in your program toolbox for the core beliefs surveys and let us help you focus on developing new and more positive core beliefs.

Karen, Health Educator
I still feel so very much alone.  I am beginning to think that it is just "me", and that is the way I am going to be.  The struggles I endured after being sick, the lonlieness I felt.  In some ways after being sick, I no longer was able to "connect" with others,  always felt at a distance even with friends,  its very much like I am alone with myself.  I never was able to understand my feelings after being sick, something changed and I could not figure it out.  At times it felt like a tiny piece of me died with that illness.  I dont know if anyone else ever feels that way with brain injuries, but I did and still do.
Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better cammy.
Hang in there

Slept well last night, though I'm taking 2 meds and I'm not supposed to be taking one of them as it supposedly cause bad  interactions.  Woke up feeling somewhat more refreshed though and feeling better.  I'm trying to get a few things done while I feel ok.   
cammy,

Do you feel that you now have people that are there for you? People that will help you and love you? You have made it through a lot, and if you are motivated and determined you will get through this and you will be able to focus on the positive.
Members, what do you think?
Hang in there cammy

Reading this thread: