Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

My feelings today

15 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im off to emerg soon cuz of my ringing ear. Its getting so intense it is beginning to hurt.  This has nothing to do with loud noise causing hearing damage - this started when I was on a med last summer.  Im so frustrated.
Im on a new med, its not working yet, I cant see doc till next week, I'm not sleeping properly, I get all "jittery" when I try to work,  I'm at wits end.
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cammy,

Perhaps a nap or a long bath may help rejuvenate your spirit.  Members, what activities help you unwind and relax?  Cammy don't give up! 

Karen, Health Educator
I just want to give up. I'm so darn tired of this struggle I'm totally worn out.  nothing seems to work out.
15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cammy,

It is important to take some you time and realize your body and mind need to rest. 

Here are the steps to DEEP BREATHING:

1) Take a slow deep breath in through your nose to the slow count of five. Push your tummy out at the same time.

2) Slowly breathe out through your mouth to the count of 7.

3) Repeat this 3 times, as you feel yourself relaxing and the stress dropping away.

TENSION RELEASING:  

1) Let go of the tension in your neck and shoulders.

2) Let go of the tension in your jaw.

3) Focus completely on your breathing, nothing else.

4) As you exhale, let your shoulders drop and let your body sink into wherever you are.

5) Repeat this until you feel relaxed and centered.  

It's a skill. You have to practice several times a day to make it a normal part of your routine. If you do, it will work.

You can do many other things to relax you as well!  I hope these exercises help.

Hang in there Cammy!

Karen, Health Educator
I'm so scared.  I just about "lost" it today.  And yes I am seeing a therapist, but nothing seems to be working.  It feels as if I'm running out of time, I dont know what to do, where to turn.  I cant seem to get my act together to work.  My left ear is ringing so loud right now and docs have no idea why.  Right now it feels as if I'm about to explode!
15 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cammy,
I just found your thread here today, and I just wanted to say that I am blown away by all that you have had to deal with. I mean, what a huge revelation to find out the giant impact that your boyhood illness had on you mentally and physically, and it had been totally not addressed at the time! I just think it must be so difficult to deal with all of this on your own, at least you are sharing it here with us, but I really think if possible you should try going to a therapist who you can talk about this with, and also about your dysfunctional family dynamics (which I also had) and the trauma you had to deal with in school. I just think it is a lot to process on your own.

Cammy you really need to give yourself credit, you said you felt suicidal from a young age, but you know what, you are a survivor!!!  That kid went through so much and survived so much without help, in my eyes he is a hero.

There are times I wish I never had kids.  Its not that I dont "love" them, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to be their "Dad".  I can not handle the stress.  Things for me were so incredibly different,  I cant support them financially, I cant stand it when they "argue".    Until this past summer I thought my teen years were "normal" but I find out now that they were not even close to "normal".    I hate what I have become.    I have problems sorting my past out,  wish I could forget the "hell" ,  thinking about suicide just 8 months after being sick never understood where those feelings came from.  why me???  what did I do to derserve this HELL???
15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cammy,

As other members have suggested, the teenage years are often a time when adolescents test the boundaries of those around them. This can include teachers, co-workers, their friends, and especially their parents. We all know that our family will be there for us so it becomes easiest for teenagers to defy their parents' rules because they know their parents will always be there for them.

As Faryal suggested, have you spoken to your son about his reasons for his dishonesty? By speaking to him in an open manner he may also be able to give you insight into his motives for doing what he did. Perhaps he was experiencing a conflict at work which he was unsure how to deal with? Maybe there was something else going on for him and this was his way of coping?

Keep us posted on how he responds. Stay strong cammy.

Sarah, Health Educator
As a teen I was always trying to do the "right" thing and it never occured to me to do otherwise - besides I had enough other problems on my hand and I did not need to add anymore.  It was also easier to go along with things than to "fight" and do things "my" way.  I guess part of that, being tired at the end of the day, I simply went down to my room and did my school work, and "disappeared" for the evening.  Why my son does all this and "fights" with us I don't know.

Reading this thread: