Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Getting by 2

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I bought a meter to test cholesterol. I did not like Lipitor. I changed my diet. The test kit won't get here for another ten days. I also have a prescription for crestor. It is supposed to have fewer side effects. One way or the other I will get this fixed. 

Davit
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As I count my blessings, I remember my doc saying I have veins with liquid Lipitor...but then there are those other things: arthritis, and why I'm here...our bodies are wonderful.
8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, Statins have lots of side effect, one very common one being muscle pain. I used to take them but stopped due to the many side effects I was experiencing, mainly muscle pain, which made it hard for me to stand or walk down the hall in my house plus extreme fatigue, lots of hair loss and some pretty severe depression due to the statins making me feel so bad. Once I stopped taking them My condition improved over a course of about 2 weeks. I didn't ask the doctor for her permission to stop the statins because she had said before that because I was type 2 diabetic that the medical guidelines recommended that I take metformin a blood sugar lowering drug, that I take a statin drug to lower cholesterol and blood pressure meds. Well I gave her way a shot for months and months and suffered. What I did do in the end was stop all my meds and then made more changes to my diet and my numbers all look good now, not perfect but good and that is something I can live with. The side effects of the meds I could not live with though. So for me personally I guess it's all about the quality of my life not the quantity of it. Now all I have to do is a scope on Tuesday with my Gastro doc and see what damage has been done to my gastric system from all the meds. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow and can get into see your doctor. You will be in I my thoughts and prayers...Your friend....Red...
I hope you get better. I'm trying to compare snowblowers, but everything takes me forever. My arthritis is flaring up too, and the Tylenol is making me sleepy, but a good night's sleep is something to look forward to.
Never got to the doctors. I'll try again tomorrow. I had a very bad flare and could barely move. No strength. I get these fairly regular now. Besides being very painful, I can't do anything with the very weak muscles. 

Still watching my BP carefully. No skips, no very high pulse. 100 this morning but that was probably the pain or the Morphine. 126/72 but pulse is 80. So just the beta blocker tonight. I hope I'm fine tomorrow, I need to talk to the doc about cholesterol.

Davit

Ps, can't take Morphine and drive. Tomorrow will probably be lots of Tylenol.
Last night my neighbour cleaned my driveway with his skid steer. Today was still a long hard day. Tomorrow I see the Doctor about getting my cholesterol down. 

Getting cold out.

Davit
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oops....hope your back isn't too sore (or to much sorer--is that even a word?)
I have a gym ball for exercises, and shifted back, and fell. Nothing to be concerned about, since I have a sore back already. Shoes are better than slippers.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My favourite evening activity is a blustery, snowy, cold winter night with no where I need to be until the snow stops/they get the roads cleared.  Drinking hot chocolate, wrapped up in a blanket, reading a book with a fire going (or since I don't have a fireplace, then The Fireplace channel on the tv).  Bliss!!
Sitting here watching it snow. Tomorrow I'll have to move it out of the driveway after home support leaves. Assuming the highway is okay so she can get here. I'm a pretty determined person so if it takes morphine to get on the tractor so be it. If it takes this to stay here, so be it. Watching the snow fall still out weighs having to move it. 
Not a lot different than the determination CBT takes. 

Davit

Reading this thread: