Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

woke up today & freed myself Cold Turkey

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job Tony. Now repeat after me. I have lots of money, I have lots of money, I have lots of money. I like that mindset too. Stay strong buddy; we are are here for ya. Joe, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ParrotLady: Thanks for you thought provoking questions. The answer is for me is to abstain for the first month and then if and when I do got for social reasons limit myself to 1 or 2 beers period. The biggest threat that I have to my quit is getting inhibriated. And I will not let them happen because Quiting smoking is the most important thing in my life. Quiting smoking is the most important thing in my life. Thanks
  • Quit Meter

$51,006.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 777 Hours: 20

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks all to shared with thier responses. I have thought about my relapses and realize: 1)It is ALWAYS alchol related-afer a couple of drinks, I delude myself into believing that I need and can handle (That's right, you guessed it, ) Just ONE! 2) Time - my hardes quit dates are day 1, 3, 7 , 21 and then 90! After 90 my guard goes down, a couple of drinks, and then I think I can handle just one. I guess it always starts with just one puff, drag, cigerrertt, then pack and complete adiction!
  • Quit Meter

$51,006.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

What do you suggest as a replacement to my reward smokes? I got to tell you, two biggest triggers for many people including me is first thing in morning with coffeee, and 5 pm after working. Today is sunday, but nontheless, when I thought about previouse relapses, the 5:00 PM smoke drove me crazy ( when I stopped). Any ideas? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$51,006.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello All: I have been smoking for 20 years (on and off) and started feeling the effects (feet and hands tingling, shortness of breath). I have read Alan Carr's book a couple of times. I have been thinking of quiting for a couple of weeks. When I woke I today I had enough! I am a non-smoker, I am a non-smoker, I am a non-smoker..
  • Quit Meter

$51,006.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks, I appreciate it! I can use all of the help I can get! I can't believe that I have been smoking this long. I had quit one time for 5 years, 2 years, 8 months, and a couple more times. I am a chanin smoker and the effects are catching up to me. If I don't do it this time, I may never. I typically spend 5 years between failed quits. How about anyone else? Smoking is not an option!
  • Quit Meter

$51,006.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To Maw and Tony S: Congratulations to you both on your decision to be nonsmokers! Maw: I am using Chantix and have found it helpful (I think). It's hard to know for sure, but I do feel very strong in my quit. I'm glad you're going to try it -- every thing you do with the end goal in mind couldn't hurt, eh? Tony S: You've read Allen Carr's book, so you know the most important thing to remember is the Nicotine Monster is always there to try to woo you back. The worst thing you can do is to fall victim to the voice in your head that tells you how "deprived" you are by "giving up" your cigarettes. You must reverse that thinking. You were deprived when you were a smoker. Now, as a nonsmoker, you're in control and you've chosen freedom over the nicotine monster. I know that in every other quit, I've failed because I allowed myself to feel sorry for myself that I was so deprived of my "best friends". Some friends, huh? Kind of sick, if you think about it. But it's too easy to fall into this trap. If you do, it's also too easy to back slide. So remember WHY you're quitting -- there is no shortage of good reasons, is there? Focus on those, keep breathing (3 slow, deep breaths -- make yourself do them, and you'll be surprised how much better you feel and the craving has passed). Drink lots of water, too, and brush your teeth often. Go back to your Allen Carr book and highlight the passages that spoke to you and reread them often. It does help. And it's okay to feel proud of yourself -- pat yourself on the back for every single day you continue to turn your back on nicotine! You can both do this -- have faith in yourselves. This web site is awesome and so very helpful and supportive. Use it often. We're all there for you!
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I am going to try and quit on Dec. 31st. My doctor is going to give me a new drug called CHANTIX tablets. You start taking them one week before your quit date and it is supposed help you to quit but you have to get a prescrption. I have been smoking about 35 years and I'm Tired of feeling bad and I hope to live a longer life. MAW
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats great. I been smoking for 30 yrs. I planning on Chritmas Day to give them up. I start this pill my doctor gave me call Chantix. It suppose to help cravings. I hope it works. I tried 3 times before did not make it. I hope I can make it like you. Maw
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi tonys welcome to the ssc you will find lots of support here congrats on your decision to quit lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$113,535.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 15

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: