Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

1st Jan

10 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Almost through day 4 but it's a really hard evening!! I'm talking myself out of leaving to get smokes because of the snow n how I hate to drive in it and I hate to be cold. Gonna head to bed here soon so I can make it through another smoke free day! Good luck everyone.
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go, JenMc and OSA!

Those smoke free days will accumulate faster than you can imagine right now. Please remember to take this all one day at a time. If you simply stay smoke free now, this day, this hour, this minute, the rest will take care of itself. 

Just a reminder that you can take the daily pledge to not smoke on the "what if" thread. It seems kind of redundant and silly at times. But there is something about renewing that daily commitment to not smoke each day, especially at the beginning.

Once again, yay! And hang in there. We are rooting for you.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,557.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 22

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Congrats OSA!! I'm working on day 3 now. Had to get a head start before I go back to work n I'm around all my co workers that smoke. Day 3 is kinda hard but so far I'm making it. Good luck to u!!
10 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Passed the 1st day ;)
10 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes yes yes!  Just remember, all you have to do is to not smoke.  It's one thing and it's not even something you need to do.  It's one LESS thing to do.  Free up your hand, your time, your lungs, your bank account.  Free up your life.  Keep on truckin.  Happy New Year!

x T
Made it through day 2!!!!!
10 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here's to a new year and a new smoke-free lifestyle. Jump on the freedom train and enjoy the ride....YOU are so worth the effort.....keep the quit, Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,507.28

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 3

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wishing all of the new quitters success!  A couple things that helped me quit include making new habits so you have a fresh start, put together a crave cart (carrot sticks, celery sticks, peppermint sticks, etc.), and post here as often as you need. Take it one day at a time, one hour, or even one minute.  Tell the nicodemon that he no longer controls your life.  You are starting 2014 as a non smoker!  And know that the whole SSC community is behind your quit!
10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Jen! Make sure to give yourself a nice reward. The first days are really rough, the first week truly is hell, and then it slowly gets better. Be proud of yourself and hang in there!
I made it through day 1!! So proud of myself!!!

Reading this thread: