Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome to SSC!  We are so glad you are here!  It sounds like you are doing great.  I'm happy to hear that.  I think each person has their own unique set of experiences with their quit.  This isn't my first quit (quite common), my last quit seemed very easy.  I became complacent and got to a point after a few months where I was sure that I could control smoking every once in a while.  The success and ease of my quit were ultimately my downfall and I was back to a pack a day.  Even though things are going very well for you, I would encourage you to still work the program.  Prepare rewards for yourself and understand your triggers.  That way, if it does suddenly get harder, you will be prepared for everything.

Congratulations on your decision and your success!  4 days - woohoo!!!  You (and your boys) should be very, very proud!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 29
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 348
Amount Saved: $153.12
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 14 Mins: 9 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey my name is Brittany and i have been a smoker since i was ten years old. I am now 22 almost 23 and have recently quit.  i stoped smoking on January 24 2009 which is only four days ago but have been doing great, the first day i used lozenges and honestly thought they where horrible so i bought the gum and it has done wonders for me. i was so scared to quite but now i am not to sure why lol. i am down to one piece of gum and day and am haveing a really easy time with it. Good luck to all in there journey to quit... its so worth it in the end
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/24/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 4
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 76
Amount Saved: $31.77
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 6 Mins: 13 Seconds: 22

Reading this thread: