Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,489 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Hello

15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brittany
      I quit on jan 23, so we are approaching our first milestone: surviving Hell Week. I'm doing fine too; I just feel a little tired, but thats it; I have had a few cravings, but nothing bad, I can fight them switching my mind to positive thoughts. I'm on CHantix, and I been o.k. I began chewing gum (sugar free), just to have something in my mouth. We'll do fine. We will conquer this challenge.
Bless You
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 90
Amount Saved: $9.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 18 Mins: 49 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brittany, how wonderful to hear that you are able to fight the urges and cravings!  I'm glad you are able to cut down on the gum too, but do what ever you need to do to stay smoke free!  Please reward yourself as much as you need to these first days and weeks.  You deserve it!!!  You're almost done with Hell Week!  WOOHOO!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 162
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,480
Amount Saved: $1,296.00
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 6 Mins: 14 Seconds: 46

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing a great job!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 360
Amount Saved: $158.40
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 38 Seconds: 48

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Doingitformyboys,

Thanks for the amazing update, way to go!  Sounds like a solid quit plan, keep it up!  Let us know if you need help along the way, we are always here for support .

Keep strong,

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you all for your amazing advice and your warm welcomes. I will keep all of what you have said in mind... i am day number six now and have had a few pretty harsh cravings since the last time i posted but have made it threw them and still smoke free and bairly using the gum. It has been an experience and had to talk my nicotine side outta going and buy a pack a few times... i have set up a reward program for myself and intend on keepign it, I have a great hubby who is really being amazing and supportive as he knows what i am going threw as well and this makes it awhole lot easier... thank you agian everyone for you kind words and really great advice i will continue to check back

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/24/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 5
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 95
Amount Saved: $39.71
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 8 Mins: 38 Seconds: 38

15 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Brittany,

Welcome to the S.S.C. Congratulations on your 4 days. There is a lot of good advice on these posts. Remember to reward yourself. It sounds like you are doing great. We are all rooting for you.

Luv lola
xxx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 360
Amount Saved: �95.40
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 16 Mins: 33 Seconds: 47

15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Brittany!!!

I would also like to welcome you and congratulate you on your decision to quit!  I'm also glad that you decided to make a go of it before the nico-demon had a chance to get his claws even deeper into you!!  I am so happy that your quit is being kind to you so far, but I would also like to encourage you to never get complacent when dealing with the addiction!!   One thing we all need to remember is that we're just one puff away from a pack (or more) a day!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 329
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,225
Amount Saved: $1,357.13
Life Gained:
Days: 56 Hrs: 18 Mins: 7 Seconds: 25

• Quit Meter

$44,212.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 3

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brittany,

Welcome and as you can see there is lots of support and knowledge for you to choose from.  We are ready to hold your hand and help guide you through this addiction.  Good for you for being active in your progress!  We look forward to hearing about your journey and experience!

Josie, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brittany, welcome to the SSC!  Congratulations for being 4 days smoke free!  I'm glad you are able to use the gum!  To make sure you are 100% prepared for this, please be sure to review all the questionaires under "my program".  As Angie said, make sure you set up a reward system too to celebrate the passing of 1 craving, 1 day, 1 week, and so on.  Smoking was a reward for so many of us, and we need to change how our brain thinks.  Let us know if we can help in any way!  We're all rooting for your continued success!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 161
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,440
Amount Saved: $1,288.00
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 1 Mins: 9 Seconds: 53

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi welcome to SSC, I can only echo what Angie says, be prepared at all times and dont get too complacent the addiction can strike at any time.
However, I too was an easy quitter although I did use the full patch replacement therapy for 12 weeks- I never looked back but I know I am extremely lucky in that way but even after saying that I, at almost 9 months quit, never say never!
But congrats on your success so far.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 263
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,575
Amount Saved: $3,945.00
Life Gained:
Days: 31 Hrs: 0 Mins: 51 Seconds: 46

Reading this thread: