Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Going to make another attempt

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bryan, you're doing awesome!  Not sure how many old posts you've read of mine, but I like creating super secret reward days.  105 days was "Eat Belgium Chocolate Day".  270 days was a "Calories Don't Count" day for HennyPenny.  I think you should invent a super secret reward for Day 3 of your quit!  Show that dirty nicodemon that you can beat him, and not only are beating him, but you are going to reward yourself for beating him!  That'll show him who's the boss!  And the day when it gets easier is on its way....not sure when, maybe tomorrow?  Maybe next Tuesday?  It will be here, just take it one day at a time!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 147
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,880
Amount Saved: $1,176.00
Life Gained:
Days: 22 Hrs: 0 Mins: 16 Seconds: 36

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bryan, three days is just brilliant- well done you! any ex smoker or smoker knows that every day  not smoking is a massive accomplishment- and it really does get easier I promise. Look at all of us on here who have been quit for some time, we are all different, we all had different quits, different habits, but the same outcome=we did it- and so will you- big pat on the back for you, halfway through Hell- keep going.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 249
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,225
Amount Saved: $3,735.00
Life Gained:
Days: 29 Hrs: 9 Mins: 56 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Bryan your doing great. 3 days.  I can't wait till I have at least that.  Keep it up buddy.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 58 Seconds: 5

15 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bryan.  Hang in there.  I think all of us have been where you are at one point.  I remember when I was only a few days into my quit, ready to give up, and sitting here reading and reading and reading.  It seemed like everybody had way more days under their belt than I did, and they kept telling me it would get better.   Yeah, right...  I wanted to believe them, but with the hurt, anxiety, and everything else I was suffering with, it seemed like I was the only one in the whole world that was having this hard of a time. Even my hubby seemed like he was sailing through with no problem.  I would ball my eyes out, listening to everybody tell me it would get better.  Then after all that crying, I'd feel exhausted and want to light up again, just to make things better.  But you know what, it would only make things worse.  Smoking helps nothing.  I can't tell you the exact timeframe when I started feeling "better", but the wait is well worth it.  Stick close and we'll help you through.  You're worth the fight!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 377
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,540
Amount Saved: $2,865.20
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 4 Mins: 2 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bryan  You're 1/2 way through Hell week. Way to go. It's a tough journey but it's worth it. At this point the nicotine should be mostly out of your system although I'm sure it's rough right now. Think of the cravings you're going through as your body healing itself. Try not to dwell on or entertain thoughts of smoking. When a crave hits distract yourself. At some point it will get easier. Cold water.................breather 64 Addict 0
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 64
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,200
Amount Saved: $1,536.00
Life Gained:
Days: 11 Hrs: 17 Mins: 47 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bryan, I'm so proud of you!
you are almost at the end of  day three!!! That's great. 

I hate to say it but I'm not sure I've transitioned to think of myself as nonsmoker yet. Don't let that bum you out. Sometimes I just feel like a smoker who is not smoking. Maybe I was a smoker for so long that it will take longer to change.  I do know that I do not identify with the smokers anymore. To see them all huddled outside and sucking away makes me very happy to be on the "other side" and not one of them.

Just keep doing what you are doing. It all comes with time and persistence. 

best,
HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 287
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,888
Amount Saved: $1,653.12
Life Gained:
Days: 37 Hrs: 18 Mins: 6 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bryan,

Other members can assure you, it will get easier! You will begin to see yourself as a non-smoker and your daily routine will adapt to this new status.

Members, any other advice for Bryan about when you began to view yourself as a non-smoker?

Sarah
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sarah Thanks, It has been 2 Days 20 hrs and 54 minutes. and it has been a very hard day, very strong, extremely strong cravings, but I am hanging there. I have used all kinds of strategies, candy, gum, popsicles, deep breathing. I am so looking for the Day when it gets easier, Thank All Of You For Your Support......N.O.P.E.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/11/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 90
Amount Saved: $11.25
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 10 Mins: 35 Seconds: 56

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bryan,

Congratulations on getting through day one! This can be incredibly difficult and is quite an achievement!

What kind of coping strategies did you use today to get through those cravings? Did you find them helpful?

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You two are going to do great!!!