Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Getting Ready to quit

16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DL, I'm there with you. I smoked for 35 years. You got me by 10. I figure if I can do it anyone can. I smoked 2 packs a day, and that was while working in a smoke free environment. Go figure. Anyhow, you can do this. I quit cold turkey, so you may be at an advantage and actually have an easier quit then I did. Make sure, after you're last smoke, you just post before you smoke. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tresa and Moss, Thanks for the support. This is day 2 of my Champix and I felt only a little nausea for about an hour. I can't drink coffee without chain smoking 2 or 3 cigarettes in the morning so I think I'll just switch to orange juice and mineral water. The flavoured creamers - well, I don't think that would help since what I'm looking for in the coffee is the pure taste of expresso and the rush that comes with it... my bad! ( Addictive thinking, I know!) This is a good place to come everyday for me and, you're right, it is fun and that is uplifting out of the bits of panic I am feeling about stopping smoking after 45 years of it...! How I'd love to go around the supermarket without leaning over the trolley handlebar for support! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-56.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -75086
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there DL, just a quick thought on the coffee thing. I love my morning coffee and refused to give it up. But I did go out and get several different kinds of those flavor creamers to add just to make it a little different than usual. It's a small thing but sometimes the little things can take the edge off in the beginning. And whatever you do, listen to Tresa because she keeps a close watch. Thanks Tresa Good Wishes to you DL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome Dailey, you will like it here, lots of support and even a fun place to be in the quit, Glad your here :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1981 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,933.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 283 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$14,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 4

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Again, thanks to all of you for the support and the advice about Champix/Chantix - I picked up the starter pack yesterday and I have started the first 7 days today. That moves my quit date to the 17th Jan and that's okay... I'll spend the time altering my habits and triggers as best i can until the cut off day. Great to know that you guys are so helpful and always there for encouragement! The Japanese statement at the bottom translates roughly as " Many many things remind us of cherry blossoms..." I try to remember that when I look at ice melting or a tree with no leaves. Or, lately, my niece's baby boy. The street where I grew up was lined on both sides with cherry trees and each Spring I walked to school in a storm of falling petals which speaks louder in my memory now that I'm 60 than it did when i was a kid.... Congratulations to all of you guys who've stopped smoking. I want to join your ranks in a week's time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-11.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -12074
16 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya DL, Well, looking at your track record at successfully beating addictions, there's little doubt that you can also beat this one. I'd just like to welcome you aboard, and wish you as pleasant a quit as is possible. "Sama zama no mono omoi dasu sakura"? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �47.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. I also used Chantix. Yes do start it now. I was on it a week before I quit. I helps, but you still have to the work. Glad you are here. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 254 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $381.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Daily Llama, on your decision to quit smoking! Good luck with the Champix! You can do this one day at a time. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daily Llamma, and congrats on your decision to quit! Congrats on all of the progress you've made already - wow, that's very very impressive. we're looking foreward to going on this journey with you and getting to know you better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 541 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,143.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daily Llama, Please read the instructions carefully as it usually takes a few days to a full week before you have therapeutic levels of Champix in your bloodstream. You do no necessarily have to give up coffee in the morning if that is not your wish although some have found it beneficial. You can try switching to tea or other beverage. Or you could try simply changing your routine in the morning. For example; eat breakfast, take a quick walk... Keep us posted. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: