Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,680 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Getting Ready to quit

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DL and Tresa The old (version 5) im is not compatible with the new (version 6) im, so since I believe tresa uses the old version, you guys will not connect unless she logs on to the new version. I'm getting excited about your quit date, DL..I hope you are too :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 298 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,026.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tresa, I spoke too soon... I couldn't "add" you to my list of contacts on the IM - I tried all kinds of combinations of No Smokin Tresa but no luck... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-33.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -32347
many thanks Tresa and Boxerfan, I try to remember to log in when I get here but I miss the boat most times... Tresa I'm leaving you my email offline on the IM ... later [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-33.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -32417
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site DailyLlama! It sounds as if you are well prepared to join us on this journey to freedom. My husband and I also quit using Chantix almost ten months ago. It is a fantastic tool to assist you in breaking this addiction. Stock up on some favorite candies, gum, water, and let us know if we can help in any way. Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,455.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi DL, iam usually on the IM here if you want to leave your email, iam no smokin tresa, i wish you well with the quit :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1984 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,944.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 283 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$14,632.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 691 Hours: 5

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Marcus... I left you an offline msg on the IM just now (3:10 pm Ottawa) Tom, Hi, Yes, it has become apparent that preparation is essential... so I put the cigs in another room and threw out the ashtray beside the TV chair. I am almost out of the brand I have smoked for a long time and so I bought a pack of Medallion with a tenth of the nicotine and other crap that my brand has... those are the physical moves I've made... I'm going to depend on this site when I really get to lip-chewing and all the other tactics have failed (maybe they won't) - I recognise my own bullcrap rationalizations from weaning off the prescription opioids 10 years ago....my answer to that at the time was to take a teaching contract in Jeddah where I might well have lost my head if I'd gone seeking opioids!! I ran away back to Canada after only three months and stayed clean ever after....the Saudis don't want me back.... Thanks for the tips... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-33.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -37989
16 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle - many thanks - IM works fine now. DL - IM'd you. Others - keep the quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �63.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcus and others, You'll need to disable your pop-up blocker and set the security setting to the default level. To do so, go to the top bar of your browser (Internet Explorer Window) click on TOOLS and click on INTERNET OPTIONS. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, Danielle - didn't realize. Sorry, DL - tried posting a temporary email addy, but as Danielle just pointed out, it's against the rules. I tried the SSC IM, but When I click on the "launch" button for "The new and improved Instant Messenger", all that happens is that the http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/default.aspxn page reloads. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �63.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, You can exchange e-mail addresses over the SSC IM. We do not permit this type of exchange on the forums as they are to remain anonymous. :) Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: