Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Chantix user

16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats Chare, I stayed on it 2 1/2 months but I have seen others take it for only a couple weeks and stay quit. According to their studies they prefer you stay on it 3 months. I think since you have gone a few weeks with no problems you are probably in good shape. Nice Job! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 221 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $773.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One Chantix pill will do nothing for you, it has to build up in your system to be effective. Godd going though.
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Charel, You passed this test with flying colors! Congrats! Danielle - Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Charel! I just realized that your quit date is 3 days before mine, so congratulations on your 1st month. All the Octobreathers should be proud of how we're already getting into December, and we're not giving in to nicotine. Goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah so I didnt smoke on thanksgiving even with a full belly and some wine. I wanted one a lil bit but got over it. Didnt even take the chantix...i have the one pill in my purse just sitting there. Its prob been about 2 weeks off of it and I had no withdrawal symptoms, nor when I drank did I ever have any side effects. I did have stomach cramping, nausea and vivid dreams...but sooooo worth it. Again-try it...but u still have to wanna quit. No ciggies for me whooooooo! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am also a Chantix user for 8 days now,my quit date was yesterday, and I have not smoked since Sat evening. The Chantix really helps. Good Luck :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This thread has been very inspiring to me. My doctor mentioned Chantix last time I was in her office a few months ago. I feel ready to give it a go now. I plan on getting the prescription next week. Thanks to all who shared here.
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah I am off the chantix and have my moments of wanting a cig. Esp since tomm is thanksgiving with all the food and drinks it will be had for me. But I just made a month and I dont want to ruin that. I have one pill of chantix left and I have been saving it so I will take it tommorrow. But I have been fine off the chantix. Good job guys on quitting...it so hard :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 67 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit smoking after using Chantix for 2 weeks and and have 15 smoke free days today. I didn't experience the withdrawals that I did with the patch. The worst was the upset stomach. It was recommended that I take the Chantix for 3 to 6 months and if that what it's going to take for me to stay quit then it's worth the stomache ache! Congrats on 26 smoke free days!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit the Chantix after 2 weeks and 2 days and have not had a ciggie for 66 days now. the chantix was making me sick 2 x a day and the weird dreams. so far I have no cravings for Ciggies. but sure do have the thoughts of wanting one. Think a lot of it is more or less being bored. lighthouse [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $211.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: