Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New Chantix Quitter

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good to hear that Hunter...keep on keeping on! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $510.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the encouragement last night it wasn't as bad still a mild headache and neck ache otherwise I feel somewhat normal. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hunter, Headaches and vivid dreams are common among new quitters. Headaches are mostly due to your body adjusting to increased blood flow and can generally be relieved by traditional pain relievers and a daily relaxation routine. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your MD. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rich and Hunter I'm a chantix user and I credit it and this site with my successful quit. I never went a day without smoking before, no matter what medication or NRT I used. I've looked into chantix quite a bit, and what I have read suggests that some people experience aching joints, either initially or after they stop taking it. However, Pfizer does not acknowledge this as a side effect, and most people who are reporting these symptoms are saying their doctors do not think it is related. But, who knows? I haven't had this symptom, other than aching knees, but I think that is more age than Chantix. The weird dreams are pretty common I think. Mine went away after a few weeks, I think other people experience them longer. I also had headaches for the first week or so after stopping smoking, and from what I've read I think headaches are a common complaint after smoking cessation...something to do with blood vessel constriction, or lack thereof. I think it's important to take the pill after eating and to drink plenty of water, as directed. That seems to alleviate any stomach upset for most people. The other option, as the literature states, is to take half a dose. The main symptom I have from taking Chantix is I am not smoking. And to me, right now, it's the most important thing. Otherwise I would still be coughing constantly, breathing heavily every time I walked, swam, or bodyboarded. Good luck to you both. You can do this if it is what you want to do. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $503.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hunter here been smoe free since 5/25/07 started on Chantix lots of strange dreams and headaches also neck aches anyone else have these symptoms? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Colbert Nation, Just as with any medication, it';s not right for everyone. Don';t despair, many of our long-term quitters are cold turkeys. :) Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chantix did absolutley nothing for me except make me sick, I quit taking it in the middle of week 2 but still managed to remain QUIT, going over a month now.... I got mine free (military) but I can't imagine paying for that stuff, seems more like a placebo than anything else...
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rich, Welcome back. I am also a chantic user and it has been a great help for me. It is not a silver bullet you really have to be committed to quiting. If it worked for me it can work for you. Good luck :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $481.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep a positive attitude. Also..keep your quit personal. You both can be successful. Even if that doesn't happen...the other doesn't have to smoke. There is LOTS of people that quit and have friends and spouses that smoke. Ya know what.....many, many times the other one ends up quiting later because of the spouse/friend that quit. You never know the impact you have on someone else. You will find "your" orginal post at the bottom. This got changed a few days ago. It takes some getting use to and I heard they are working on getting them back at the top again. Welcome I heard great things about chantix.....I never tried it. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 132 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $590.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Rich, welcome back. Good luck to you and your wife. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: