Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

really bad craving

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AMEN.....PETEG CLEARLY....OUR CHOICE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $394.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New York? Did you say New York? I'll come and help you quit if you have a midtown apartment on a 3-figure floor. Sorry Kayla, shouldn't joke at your expense. The sucky things never go away; they disguise themselves as reasons to blow off the quit, but all of us quit vets will assure you that the reasons are bogus. It comes down to whether you'd rather quit or smoke. That simple; no excuse in the world justifies one choice over the other. It's all totally your call. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $797.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kayla, That's it! Keep being kind to yourself until this rough patch passes. We are cheering you on! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, I've made it through the day without a smoke but it's been a battle all day. It's been a crappy day all in all but rented some movies did grocery shopping chewed a ton of gum. I keep telling myself tomorrow will be a better day. I miss my motorcycle I sold it last August and today in New York the weather would have been great to go for a ride and clear the mind. That's a goal for me to get another bike when my daughter reaches 17 but for now one day and at times one second at a time. I'm still holding on and will make it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kayla, How are you doing? It does get tough when you argue but you have to stay strong. We will help you. I know when I argue with my husband I go from a 2 crave to an 8 or 9. Just do alot of self talk or come here and vent. Jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a huge fight with my husband today, one of the nasty ones. I wanted to smoke.................... I didn't - we've fought a bit sincce we both quit. Week 1 and 2 are so hard, still very fresh in my memory, and just hang here on hold tight! Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $600 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kayla.... I'm so glad you are sticking it out!! Your doing great too. The only thing that I can think of, is on top of everything else that has you down, the last thing you want to do is add 1 more to the list. (And like you said, you would regret it and waste precious energy beating yourself up) You are doing so well and have gotten through some really tough $&%# already, you know you can do this. Afterall, hellooo.......it's Day 9 That's 8 days done, that you never have to repeat. So, keep taking the time here and there, on your own, to feel proud of what you are doing. And with everything else that you have going on right now, you are doing an outrageous job. Way to go, Girl! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Kayla!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $166.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok I'm still bummed out but feeling a little better. I slapped on a patch and took a pill for the anxiety. Sometimes it feels like I lost a loved one and when I think about it I have. Cigarettes got me through some rough times in my life and it's been a part of my life for more than half my life and now it's learning how to live without it. I am still determined to see this through. I've had other addictions in the past and quit but by far this is the hardest. I know I can do this and I won't give up I won't give up I won't give up thanks for all the advise. Damn PMS!!! LOL :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kayla, Just as our members have explained, there will never be a good time to quit. Stressors will always be there and smoking doesn't make them any easier to deal with and certainly doesn't solve them. Smoking is an escape/avoidance behavior and it's paired with boost in pleasure chemicals as a result of nicotine entering your system. Instead of heading behind the smoke screen, escape in a different way. Make today about you and do something pleasurable. You're right, it's not always easy but you can overcome it. Keep persevering! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: