Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Just joined

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am new here and not real computer savy but I have come to the conculsion here that in order for me to stop I need help.I am a retired respiratory therapist,and human behavioral therapist (army)I have found in the past that the Rx's interferd with my respiratory problems and therefore cannot take them so I have to do this cold turkey.As of right now I have 10 cigarettes left.But my main goal is to be around for my granddaughter who needs me (I am raising her) and next month our family is moving into a new home and I am absolutely forbidding smoking in the house,so I really hope I can do this it is my dream to stop and when my daughters friends come over to visit they won't go home smelling like smoke. This really annoys me when I can go without smoking when I am around my non-smoking friends but as soon as I get home I have to light up. Kristie
  • Quit Meter

$12,600.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 437 Hours: 4

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I surely apperciate your kind words and hope I am not sounding to bold by putting the limits of a new smoke free home.I was just looking around and stumbled on this page and thought you know I am on two other support groups for Cherokee to help her so why not one for me? I am sure I will be posting as much as I can here. Once again Thank you,Kristie
  • Quit Meter

$12,600.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Yes it is a little commical that I was a respiratory therapist but along with that job came the feeling of being invinsible and honestly back in those days you could still smoke in the hospitals.I think the biggest thing that gets me going is I can go for a whole day and not smoke and then for some dumb reason I gotta have one,then I lite one up and let it burn (me and a friend of mine decided today that when monday comes we are going to take $5.00 bill and role it up and watch it burn (cause that is how dumb we are),then after that we are going to put a quarter in a jar every time we have the URGE to smoke out of my 10 I have four left and they will be gone tonight and ashtrays will be packed up after they are cleaned.I truly apperciate each and everyone of you ,who are behind me :)and with determination I am going to be smoke free before long . happy happy joy joy !!!! thanks everyone
  • Quit Meter

$12,600.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it's great that you're here. Welcome to the site! I don't think it is at all unreasonable to have a smoke free house. That smoke is not only bad for the smoker but also really bad for other people in the house. This is a great site for support from a lot of people who are early and late in their quits. I look forward to hearing how you progress. Share you triumphs and struggles. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 99 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, and you have certainly come to the right site! There is more info than you can read in a year and more support than anywhere else! It's the BOMB! Vent, cry, rant, boast, we've done it all and still get support and encouragement. Choose to not smoke, and you will feel better. Well, eventually you will, it's not instant. Sure wish it were! You're gonna make it, I can tell! Congrats on taking the first step! And while you're at it, throw those last 10 smokes in the toilet and join us for this wonderful ride! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $37.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are so right...why not a support group for you???....and this is a great one!! You will receive tons of support and lots of helpful advice. You might want to start by reviewing the tools on the left of this page. Be prepared....the first week is usually hell (at least for most of us). You need to have all your tools ready...we all have a different set...lots of water is a must, green tea, a bubble bath, early to bed, cinnamon gum, straws cut in half, cinnamon sticks, gym, walks,(some like to keep busy doing housework...but that never worked for me..my motto...no housework except the essentials for at least 2 weeks), gardening (but not in Canada), basically whatever you need to do to take care of yourself and distract yourself. Post lots...post when you feel you can't stand it, post when you feel good, post every question you have, post when you need support - there will always be someone here who has been where you are, there will always be someone to listen, and there will always be helpful advice. We have all beat ourselves up for our decision to smoke in the past...but you are taking the first step...Come on and join us...one day at a time! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 798 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking forward to Monday Dolphin! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, You've got some great reasons to give up smoking. I'm excited for you already! Use the tools on this program, read the posts written here, post often yourself, be good to yourself, have some patience, and - hey presto- you'll be free of your addiction. We'll be here to go through it, too! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A big welcome to you Dolphin. I was a cold turkey quit and to be honest, I agonized over quitting before I actually did it. My 'addiction' talked me into being frightened about quitting and what would happen to me when I did. While we all respond differently to breaking an addiction and even by what method we use, in retrospect mine wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be. Who knows, you may not have too much of a struggle with it. But no matter how your quit goes the important thing is to keep at it. And such a wonderful goal in life you are about to enjoy - - a new house that is smoke-free. Again, Welcome aboard. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And a very warm welcome from The Netherlands. You came to the right place, we are here to help eachother. Believe it or not we have fun too...lol. I think it's good for everyone to have a smokefree house. When I still smoked I never knew how much it stinks, now I do....yikes. Have a nice day :) Fini. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 203 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �598.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: