Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I changed my nickname

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann. OH do I remember that feeling of Who gives a crap! I remember it so well that you have just triggered an awful memory for me. It is one of the worse feelings in the world to feel all alone. I have felt alone for a very long time. This is NOT just an internet site (but I know what you mean). There are loving caring people here. Deep down, I think you know that. You are on day 15 of your quit. Keep going. Unfortunately, for some of us, this is part of the quit process. You can try seeing your doctor and/or a counselor for help in getting through this. It is a hard emotional time. Lean on the people here to get you through. That is what I did and it has worked for me. Take some deep breaths and go reward yourself for those 15 days of success that you have on your meter. YOU ARE WORTH IT! Chin up! You are not alone! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 355 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1242.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try the 30 day slump. :8o: Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 352 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1003.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ann, I hope that you are doing alright by now. I have been working at catching up since I got back from vacation, and came across your post tonight. Don't take this the wrong way, but...it actually made me smile. Not laugh, just smile. Then I went back and searched the old post for one that I remember very clearly. Just remembering. Please take note that the day you wrote this post, you had just finnished heck week and started into Blaah week. Probably had something to do with the way you felt. Thanks for talking it over with your doctor, and hope the lower dose is helping. Stay with it, you can make it. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy] No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 352 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1003.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, Depression runs in my family. I talked to my dr. about some problems I was having with depression about 4 years ago. I went through a few different medications. I tried Wellbutrin XL for about 3 weeks. It made my depression 10 times worse!!! I mean, crying, nothing matters, and very sad. It was the medication!! I switched to Wellbutrin SR (150mg) and I was fine after that. Zyban is Wellbutrin, but I don't know if it is the XL or the SR. If this continues, talk to your dr. and try a different medication and see if it helps. Wonderful 16 days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$90,914.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Ann. I'm glad to see you went to your doctor. It may have been the Zyban causing some of your depression. An anti-depressant causing depression! That's what happens when you start tinkering with brain chemistry. I'm not knocking Zyban, though. It got me started on my quit. Quitting itself causes depression, too. So if the Zyban was contributing then you got a double whammy. But take heart. We've all been through it. It is misery for a while, but it does lift eventually. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 394 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1497.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ANN ROCKS!!!!! WOOT WOOT! - ANN IS TAKIN NAMES AND KICKING ASH!!!!! Good job on the quit Ann - don't worry about the dark moods - we've had 'em and we can handle 'em. We wont run away from you when you need us the most. [IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/cybrduke/bigsmile.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,739 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $901 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$100,005.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 22

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/cybrduke/smiley_hug.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,722 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $901 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$100,005.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9158 Hours: 22

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, You have gotten some great advice, take what you need and keep it close :) We are always here for you and you can post often or just read through the knowledge and support! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: