Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

I changed my nickname

17 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey what's going on here? Yes it is just an internet site but we're all real people and I think we really do all care much more than you'd expect. This quitting is one aspect of our lives but I'm amazed at the extra time people give on this site helping others, even years after quitting. I'm staying back late from work with a bad cold to write this so see people care! :) I don't know why you feel this way but if it's smoking withdrawal it will pass but you need to do something rewarding right now and jolt yourself out of this. Buy a magazine you love or some other small indulgence and enjoy it? If there is a deeper issue making you feel this way you really need to talk to a counsellor as this is a smoking support group and we're not qualified help with anything else. Nicotine withdrawal does cause periods of depression but they shouldn't get too serious. It will get better but you do have to help yourself by altering your circumstances or your perception of your circumstances, either will work 100%. Your posting has me worried so please let us know that you're ok or what you need to get through this! Chicken Licken :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $550 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][b]Looks like you got off to a rough start this morning. Glad to see you are feeling better. There are people here that care and have been rooting for your success since your very first post. One of those people is ME! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/blbl.gif[/IMG] Keep that head held up high ... you are going to kick this addiction ... you are! And you are not alone in that ... because I plan on kicking this addiction as well! Here is to not walking this journery alone... Cheers! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/Animation1.gif[/IMG][/b][/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,548.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 4

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 385 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, I saw your post after mine. I am very happy to see that you are better today and that you see that we do care. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 747 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$45,002.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5162 Hours: 8

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Ann, You are still the same person, just a healthier person. You may feel like you lost part of your identity when you quit smoking, but the only part of you that is lost is the addict who was damaging herself with nicotine and tar. We all care for you. We are here because we do care. All of have something very important in common and we can all understand how you feel. All of us have had the feelings you are having now and robots are not replying to your post. We are all human and each of us brings our own experience and our own struggles here. You should never feel that you are alone. We are all friends here to support each other. I hope you are better today, Ann. Please be kind to yourself. Mira :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 747 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$45,002.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Beto, Glad you are back ! :) Mira [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $129.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$45,002.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, Glad to hear your feeling a little better. Keep doing what you're doing... using rewards to get yourself through the tough days. Keep persevering and have fun this weekend! Danielle _______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann, Sorry you're feeling the way you do at the moment. To me, it's not JUST an Internet site, it's the main reason why I've managed to keep my quit. I come on here not as some unpaid counsellor, but as a quitter, just like you, who wants to help other quitters. I find this interaction STRENGTHENS my quit and I do get a buzz when people send messages of thanks after trying to be helpful. It's about crying out for help if you need it and helping others if you feel strong enough. It's about supporting each other. Remember, every post here is posted by a person who is going through similar experiences than you. Today in England, it is a beautiful day. I love the sunshine. Why am I not outside? Because, just at the moment, this is more important. Another reason for coming here? I'm sure that you'd find that the quit success rate is higher than on average. Ann stick with this - and remember, most of us on this site are human! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, we love ya! We want you to be healthy and we are always here! I felt that way too right off the bat but I promise there are people who DO care! This community is the best place to get support and make a few friends!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 772 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann - How are you doing today???? We care about you!! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$1,704,637.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5865 Hours: 11

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI Ann I have changes my nickname too from Carlos (Carlitos ) to Beto and started all over again after a 5 month quit and a small 3 month slip..... I DO CARE FOR YOU AND I AM HERE TO HELP YOU ANYTIME Beto [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: