Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Not doing that good

17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANKS CHANGING,YOU ARE A SWEETHEART [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Smokey! Now, do me a favor.... Next time you have a craving and are considering bumming a smoke, PLEASE read your list outloud (you can hide in the bathroom & do this) 10 times before you do anything. Deal? Here's Your List Again: [color=Red] 1. I DONT LIKE SMOKING 2.IT STINKS 3.IT COST TO MUCH 4.MY HEALTH 5.MY FAMILIES HEALTH 6.I STINK 7.MY TRUCK STINKS 8.MY HANDS,MY CLOTHES,MY HOUSE STAINED WITH SMOKE 9.IT MAKES ME HIDE AND DO IT 10.IT TAKES UP ALOT OF MY TIME 11.MOST IMPORTANT MY WIFE DOESNT LIKE KISSINS ME,WHEN I SMELL LIKE A CIG BUTT 12.ETC.ETC.ETC.ETC. [/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,525.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 9

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

THANKS,CHANGING AND MARTY I GOING TO START NOW,I HAVE RESET MY QUIT METER,AND AM NOW A NONSMOKER.I KNOW I CAN BEAT THIS. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, You seem to be very positive in wanting to quit - and you can do it! Stress is a part of life, and smoking does not help any, but just adds to the tension. You are adding just one more thing - the desire to quit with your added burdens. Rest, and realize the ride is bumpy, but not undoable - and yes, it is a little scary, but so are many other things which we feel much better after we have completed them. Don't look at the pain - feel the joy! Don't focus on the intensity of the crave - feel your body healing! You can do this!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 589 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
1. I DONT LIKE SMOKING 2.IT STINKS 3.IT COST TO MUCH 4.MY HEALTH 5.MY FAMILIES HEALTH 6.I STINK 7.MY TRUCK STINKS 8.MY HANDS,MY CLOTHES,MY HOUSE STAINED WITH SMOKE 9.IT MAKES ME HIDE AND DO IT 10.IT TAKES UP ALOT OF MY TIME 11.MOST IMPORTANT MY WIFE DOESNT LIKE KISSINS ME,WHEN I SMELL LIKE A CIG BUTT 12.ETC.ETC.ETC.ETC.
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know what advice to give you Smokey. You seem to be torturing yourself by bumming cigs. I only know that it won't get any better if you keep smoking, and yes you are going to have to go thru a bit when you quit. But you are going to have make this decision for yourself. Choose the best. Good Luck :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 961 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $400.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey - Are you sure you want to quit? Give me 10 good reasons why you want to quit... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,525.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 9

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I WANT TO QUIT NOW
17 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smokey, Thanks for your honesty. We're all here from newbies to now longtime non-smokers. Keep with it. Remember stress is just mental issue too. Its what your mind makes of it. Keep positive and keep in touch. Kind Regards Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey We are praying for you. We will be here for you when you are ready to quit. Just remember that there will always be stress in your life and that smoking does not help that, it actually adds to the stress. Wishing you the best of luck and hoping to hear back from you soon that you have quit and are ready for this. Let us know if we can help in the meantime. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: