Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Okay this is the deal

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go girl! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 533 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9,993.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well another year begins almost the same way as other years except this year I don't have quit smoking on the list :) You know I can understand a few pound gained when I first quit, but now the weight I have put on I did to myself. There is no excuse except I like my cookies and sweets. I am the one that put every single one of those wonderful cookies into my mouth and ate them and ate them and ate them. Winter and holiday season just don't work well for me. So I am going suck in my large gut and begin again. If you see me with a cookie in my hand, cut it off. I am going to get off my a$$ and start moving. I am so mad at myself, but not mad enough to blow this quit. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Well tis the season to be jolly, fa la la. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/dancing_santa.gif[/IMG] So I have been going to Curves without fail, doing the treadmill now and then and stocking my fridge with good stuff and all the while wanting junk food. :mad: So this is my plan, I am going to enjoy my first Christmas smoke free and I am going to eat what I want and worry about the pounds later. I (we) have earned the right to enjoy one of most special times of the year. If we can quit smoking we can tame a few pounds. So that's my plan and I am going to stick to it. :p Keep the Quit Sparky [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/exercise31.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 226 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $339.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't put a sock in your mouth, Sparky. That'll just make you want to eat something to get rid of the bad taste! Oh, you meant a :)[i]clean[/i] sock, I bet. haha. I'm with ya, sister. I never, ever, ever thought about what I was eating. Never owned a scale. Never gained a pound. Soooo not the case lately. You know what I keep thinking when I get self-conscious about my weight, though. I think of something someone here said about being thin...right before you die of cancer. You're right. Eat healthy and exercise. We might be a little plumper but we are a whole lot healthier! :)[i]Text[/i][i]Text[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Update and crying :blush: I have put on the weight and I know who is responsible and I know what I did and now is the time to take corrective actions, darn it!!! I was one of those people who could eat and eat and eat and never gain weight and sometimes lost it without know why. Then I hit the later stage of my "life" and to add to that I quit smoking. I am not over weight yet and do not intend to let it happen. So I am now keeping tract of what I eat and increasing my exercise. Maybe putting sock in my mouth would help, what do you think? I am not going to call this a diet, hate the word, it is a life style change just like quitting smoking. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/applerunani.gif[/IMG] Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I actually joined Weight Watchers before quitting smoking and purchased a treadmill. If funds are low, you can try and get a book from any previous WW member, and walking outside is free. I recommend it because it worked for me and there were no strings attached. Great program in addition to regular exercise and I have seen this work for numerous other people. You should have some energy now that you are not filling your lungs with cancerous toxins, so try a new or different exercise or sport to get back into the swing of things. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 135 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Shakes, good to see you. Yes we will work it off. Lainey, I had it off, but had a redo in the house which I thought would take less time than it has, so my eating habits to to he!! in a hand basket. So now doing what worked before, Healthy eating, Curves, treadmill (to cold to get outside) and weights. I also remember reading somewhere (here?) that when you quit smoking maybe some of the weight gain is really what your body should weigh. I not talking about 20+ weight gain, but the ten pounds or so. I am not overweight for my height, but I am for me. I would be more comfortable with 10 off and maybe 15. All a onces at a time. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/osd1944/kittywithpinkribbon.jpg[/IMG] Keep the Quit Sparky/Sharon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 200 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shakes! Those numbers are lookin' awesome! Great to see you! It will come off! Lots of veggies is the secret! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 256 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,700.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm in, Sparky. I definitely let my addictive personality turn to food. And now that I'm smoke free for well over 7 months I'm ready to start tackling the weight issue. I agree with Lainey, I'll have to use a lot of the same tools I used to quit smoking..one of the major tools was this website and the support. In other words, I'm realizing and admitting that I need help for this too. I'm in a very intense graduate program that keeps me busy and physical. I'm busting my ASH but not losing the weight! Gotta figure som'm out. Anyway, that's my story in a nut-shell. Point is, Sparky, you're awesome and I'll join you in trying to drop some pounds and get EVEN MORE healthy! --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,025.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sparky & friends, it does come off. I am working on it, -10 and counting. Use the same techniques you used here, get your tools in place, have a plan and try to stick to it! Let yourself have some allowed treats, (even if it is just a fat free fudgsicle or something good - rewards) so you won't feel deprived. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 255 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,690.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: