Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,674 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Prayer

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Positive Can Result Falling isn't good!...But...for anyone who has stumbled in life,(like smoking) something positive can result...if the fall leads to a more careful way of living. (like quiting) The Apostle Paul admonished, "Let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." (1cor. 10:12) ((((((We should never feel too smug about quiting smoking or our great stats as we could still fall))))) We should do everything not to fall.....but if we do, our goal must be to learn from our error and avoid a second spill. If we have stumbled along the course of life's journey,(like taking up smoking) there's hope. First ask God for quidence, for He "upholds all who fall" (ps 145:14) Next, read God's word and begin to live carefully by it's principles. "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2 Have you fallen.....or are you having a hard time? Ask God to help you get up and keep from falling again. *****Hope you liked this one and feel refreshed in your quit**** Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $362.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I wish they had this thread when I was first quitting. "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." (Matthew 6:34) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 335 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1340 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$54,522.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 8

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Easter to all! Hope you enjoy celebrating! Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Easter My Friends in Faith. Please know that on this most special day, that I pray that each of you have peace. Enjoy the journey and know that the best is yet to come. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $290.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Easter Everyone. For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not parish but have everlasting life. Praise God....He Lives!!!! Father, I pray that we be strong. I pray that you be with all of my friends, fill them with a deep abiding faith and trust in You. Bless them with peace, health, and prosperity. Above all things, I pray that we're always reminded that we're covered in the blood of Christ, He is our strength, and our salvation. He is our deliverer. In Christ's most precious name, Amen. Let's keep our prayer chain going. I've read many posts today and I see the names of my friends who need prayer and guidance. Please, know that I truly am praying that the Lord eases any depression, fears, confusion, and temptations. Happy Easter, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]fear and faith cannot exist in the same spot simultaneously. [/i] Free, I love your entire post but the words above are awesome. Thank you for your post...I've saved it to read over and over. Great stats you have there!!! Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,702 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scared of quitting? Scared of failing? Scared of succeeding? The fear of man brings a snare, but he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted. ~Proverbs 29:25~ A college professor did a survey of two thousand students and asked them what their greatest fears were. Here is the list of their top five fears: 1. Public speaking 2. Blindness 3. Heights 4. Heart attack or cancer 5. Death Fear is a snare. A trap. It can cause us to become paralyzed and discouraged. It intimidates us and causes us to feel inferior to others and to our circumstances. I believe fear operates like a magnifying glass, making seemingly small objects and circumstances seem giant and insurmountable. Today, I believe too many suffer from what I call the "What If Syndrome." Like a dog chasing its tail, they don't make any decisions because they continually worry "What if...?" This is exactly how the devil wants you to think. You see, if Satan can get fear to line the interior of your soul, it becomes like a impenetrable coating that causes you to take your focus off God. Satan will do all he can to keep us from yielding our lives to God and experiencing His peace and love. First Peter 5:8 tells us, "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls about like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." He is trying to use the snare of fear to devour us! But God's Word says, "He who trusts in the Lord will be exalted." And although Satan may win a few battles on this earth, the victory is God's in the end. Fear is the emotional pain in the soul of unbelief. When we feel fearful, it is God's warning light to us that we need to respond with faith; fear and faith cannot exist in the same spot simultaneously. Are you afraid to quit? Are you afraid to succeed? Are you afraid to fail? How are those fears causing you to take your focus off God? "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" ~Philippians 4:13~ Pray and ask God to fill your heart with an abundance of faith and trust in Him so that in the face of fear you can reject it and rid yourself of this addiction. The Power of God works like no other. Believe. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 341 [B]Cigarett
  • Quit Meter

$54,522.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 8

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I could never do this with his help, I've tried! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Rose, You have made a MONTH!!!!! Great Job. How is it going? Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love it, You all are too much. So glad we get to keep God in this. Through him all things are possible. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: