Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Prayer

16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oops. I shouldn't play with the text options until I learn how to use them:) oh well... mistakes are for learning from, right?:) MK [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What great and encouraging posts! I have to go back to work, but wanted to say that one thing I really admire about people who smoke, is that they always make time for themselves to do it. Hey, that was us! We can still claim those frequent breaks by stepping out for a breath of fresh air and substituting the smokes for our thoughts alone, or a walk and talk with God. Many of my breaks now include visits here:) Because of His grace, we can choose to live intentionally.[b]Text[/b] :) mamakitty[i]Text[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lolo I really needed this today. ls [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 346 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,384.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Green]The Serenity Prayer [/color] God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen. --Reinhold Niebuhr ?Lolo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Martha, Lolo, mercy, anyone I've missed, I have to tell you (please read the whole thing, don't get upset)I'm not religious, I'm uncomfortable with the whole concept & except for that time when mercy really needed it, I haven't prayed since I was 11. But I love the prayer threads & I'm really happy to see you guys pick it up again. I find them so simple, eloquent & comforting. Please keep it up. I suspect you are lifting up more of us than you know. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $429.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1) [color=Blue]It WILL get better and it WILL get easier[/color] Happy are the people whose God is the LORD! (Psalm 144:15b) [color=Blue]Have faith quitters and take it one day at a time - let tomorrow take care of itself.[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1049 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,980 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,720.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$37,063.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 1

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I haven't posted one in awhile and thought you would like this one. Mercy The Perfect Storm In the book, The Perfect Storm, the author gave some astonishing facts about the power of a hurricane. Did you know that a hurricane is the most powerful event on earth? The combined nuclear arsenals of the United States and the former Soviet Union don't contain enough energy to keep a hurricane going for ONE DAY!! A typical hurricane could provide all the electric power needed by the United States for THREE OR FOUR YEARS!! Those who experience those severe storms share the common emotion of "fear". Remember the storm that threatened the boat Jesus and his disciples were in? Yet Jesus rebuked the wind and calmed the storm. His disciples watched and asked...."Who can he be, that even the wind and the sea obey Him.? (Mark 4:41) Do you feel as if your life's circumstances (since you quit smoking) are like a mighty storm? (most of us do) Then.....look to Jesus who has authority over heaven and earth. He will give you the strength to survive this storm (from quiting smoking)until it ultimately calms down. WHEN WE TRUST THE POWER OF GOD HIS PEACE KEEPS US FROM PANIC [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very inspirational! Josie
16 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post. I could not say it better Carlos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone!! I thought you might find some renewed focus from this. Hope you enjoy...Mercy LOOKING AHEAD During General Colin Powell's tenure as US Secretary of State, he discovered that a speech he made to the United Nations had been based on wrong information. In his long and distinquished career, this was a low point...a blot on his record. He said: "I'm sorry it happened and wish those who knew better had spoken up in time, but there isn't anyting else I can say about it." Instead of being chained by the past, Mr. Powell says he has chosen to "focus on the front windshield and not the rearview mirror" of life. All of us have something in our past we regret doing.(like smoking) It may have been an honest mistake (being stupid teenagers trying cigarettes), a moral failure or a foolish decision (to not have quit sooner). We wish it had not happened, but it remains in our mind and often drags us down. (we have regretted smoking ever since) The writer of Proverbs said that "honey"....is sweet to your taste, so shall the knowledge of wisdom (what we have now learned about smoking) be to your soul...if you have found it...there is a prospect(future hope). We have found the knowledge about cigarette smoking. While the past remains part of our lives, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO DETERMINE OUR FUTURE!! With God's wisdom He offers hope for our future. *******The vain regretes of yesterday Have vanished through God's pardoning grace, The quilty fear has passed away And joy has come to take it's place. IT'S BETTER TO LOOK AHEAD AND PREPARE THAN TO LOOK BACK AND DESPAIR!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549.81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: