Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,674 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Prayer

17 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A Poem a loved one shared with me: I am the resurrection and life I bring you deliverance from strife Harmony through faith will be the way you can live through Me each day Peace I leave with you blessed tranquility to guide you through the trial the world givith will fade let not your heart be troubled or afraid [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great posts everyone! Keep them coming! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I may have posted this before, but it is good so... The struggle of a butterfly A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further. So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings. The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly. What the man, in his kindness and haste did not understand, was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings. It would then be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon. Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If God allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly! I asked for Strength.......and God gave me Difficulties to make me strong. I asked for Wisdom.........and God gave me Problems to solve. I asked for Prosperity.....and God gave me Brain and Brawn to work. I asked for Courage........and God gave me Danger to overcome. I asked for Love....... ..and God gave me Troubled people to help. I asked for Favors.........and God gave me Opportunities. I received nothing I wanted.........I received everything I needed. May your path be bright and full of light everywhere you go. And I pray your feet will never stumble out of God's plan. May the desires of your heart come true, and may you experience Peace in everything you do. May Goodness, Kindness, and Mercy come your way. And may you gain Wisdom and grow in your spirit every [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1018 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,581.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$37,108.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 20

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the Rest to God. Happiness keeps You Sweet, Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keep You Humble, Success keeps You Glowing, But Only God keeps You Going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tuttie, I was so thankful to hear the news. AND.... yes I love you as a sister in Christ. I got a feeling we may someday meet this side of paradise. :) Perhaps...."AT THE BEACH"...lol lol ;) Blessings, Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Father in Heaven, We come to you in prayer for our friend whom we know as tuttie. We care for her dearly as you do. We know you are aware of all our needs and hardships. Jesus, the book of Hebrews says you are our perfect hight priest who sympathizes with us because you lived on earth as we do. We thank you for that. We ask that you give tuttie and her family strength and peace during this hard time. As we live in a world that brings us hardships because of the evil one, we thank you for always being there for us until your kingdom comes. Thank you for hearing our prayers for tuttie. your children at SSC [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,994 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Lord, I know I can get through the temptations....With your strength beside me...I can beat this little thing called a craving! ..Thank you Lord for being there for me...Amen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, What a sweet, sweet prayer. I'm sitting here in tears from those beautiful words that you said to our Lord. Your prayers and your friendship mean so much to me. If we never meet on this earth, I know we will meet in paradise. Bless you and Keep you, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $254.89 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
First, thank you for starting this post...Second, Thanx for bumping it...I didn't even know it was here.....I thank God for reminding me that with him anything is possible....Keep the Faith! And Great Work everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My daughter is 3 months pregnant with her first baby. She started cramping and bleeding at work today. She and her husband are at the doctor's office right now. Just two years ago, she delivered still born twin baby boys. I pray that she doesn't go through another loss. Please, say some prayers for her. I'm pacing and waiting for some news. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,221 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $254.89 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: