Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

The New Journey Starts Now

18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Had a really ruff day at work. I work with special needs people and the boss put two staff in my room, that didnt know what they where doing. Another staff came to help, because things where getting out of control. The boss said that I didnt need four staff in my room, so I had to set him straight. Just for one brief moment, I really wanted a smoke. I knocked that thought out of my head and got into my work. The 2nd half of the day went really well. It was a really stressful day but I made it through smoke free. I was really nervous standing up for myself, but it was better than smoking. And it was diffenitly the right choice. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 38 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
I have to quit doing this to myself, because it sure dos'nt get any eaisier. Its been a really long day, but I have made it through smoke free and I plan on keeping it that way. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Sorry Lady but I have to disagree, It takes more strength to resit going back to smoking. I will find the strength to stay smoke free. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
I promise I will not give up. I will be a non smoker. Just sucks to be doing hell week over again. When I said "[i]I have to quit doing this to myself[/i]" I meant I have to quit going back to smoking. Because smoking just plain sucks. Sorry but I am just kind of cranky at the moment. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, [size=4]SO GLAD YOU CAME BACK![/size] One of my biggest reasons for quitting was to increase my self esteem. Smoking was a HUGE source of shame for me. Now that I've quit, I can't say that I've all of a sudden acquired this huge amount of self confidence but I do know that I am no longer adding to my lack of confidence with every single smoke I light up. I really wish you well Cuddles. Keep coming back! Colleen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $728.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$59,069.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6646 Hours: 17

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles & Coleen, Self confidence will come as you get farther along the road in your quits. It is just one of the many rewards of this awesome journey we are on. You may stumble and you may fall, but the most important thing is that you get back up and continue to put one foot in front of the other. You Can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,928 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1036 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
That is the Cuddles we know. No more excuses! Lets get it done now. Beat this addiction once and for all. You KNOW you can do it. Here we go! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,914 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
There you go Cuddles. That is what we call one step at a time and you are doing it. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and don't even think about smoking! This is the forever quit this time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 298 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,977 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1043 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Remember this Cuddles so that you don't go through it again. Remember how awful it is every time you feel like lighting up. It just isn't worth it to smoke. Get over it once and for all. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1046.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Cuddles...you are stonger than I. One of the things that has kept me quit is the fact that I couldn't do hell week all over again. Hang tight. You know it gets better. Remember this the next time you think of smoking! You'll make it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,957 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1039.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: