Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,695 Members

Please welcome our newest members: aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Strongyogi*, TNIKKA

The New Journey Starts Now

18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I decided to get out my spinning wheel and spin a yarn. Its a good way to get your mind off of things you dont want to think about. Just watching that mass of wool, turning into a ball a yarn. Should have thought of it sooner. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Thanks guys, feeling some what better. Took a nap, Now I am going to find something constructive and fun to do this evening. Two steps forward, NO steps back Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/thcrying.gif[/IMG] having a bad day Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 56 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Well today went better than I anticipated, Had a headache for part of the day, but now its gone. Had a few craves but ignored them and they went away. Thank you Sunshine, I caught your strength vibes, started feeling better, after i got them Lady and Rusty - I think I am going to use a tape recorder this time. Thanks bingo - We will not give in ChickenStix - You wont find much, I just slipped away and didnt post, but I will not let that happen again. I made a new pledge and I intend to stick to it once and for all thank you Cobenfan , islandgirl & cpachecobo Everyday that we are smoke free, we are winning Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Day [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/5.gif[/IMG] Boy this is really really ruff, emotions just keep going up and down. But afraid to complain to much, because it reminds me of the story of the boy who cried wolf to many times. But I promise I will not smoke I am tired of being in this situation. but I know I brought this on my self, I am the one that just needs to not smoke. That really sounds easy. but its nooooooooooot. Of course hubby still isnt helping much. I asked him not to leave any smokes lying around, its just to tempting. He said he was going to switch to chew. I hope he does. I feel bad for saying that, but it would get the smokes out of the house. Well have to get my son up for school. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Went out to dinner, had a few drinks. Hubby smoked, but I didnt. Was tempted, but I won and I didnt smoke. Now on to day 7. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/messages/Thanks124.gif[/IMG] for being here. I want you to know what my main avalanche is, its Low self confidence. But I have been working on it. it has been with me most of my teenage and adult life. Being able to post this on this site is a really positive step for me. It is not an excuss to smoke, but it is a major obsticale that gets in my way at times. But each time I find my way around it, it gets a little better. I have set other goals in the past and when I reach them, I get stronger in my self confidence. My goal for now is to become a non - smoker for the rest of my life. I will not give up until I succeed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Wow, Everyone here at SSC is totally [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/messages/114580800040826.gif[/IMG] And it is great to be able to share the goal of non-smoking together. At first it seemed to be really easy, but I have found out other wise. To undo what I have done for 30 years is truly a battle, but it will be a battle I will win in the end. Thanks to every one at this site. Cuddles
I am done slapping myself around. I am climping back out of the hole and starting back up the mountain. I will just have to hold on tighter when an avalance breaks loose and tries to takes me down. This back sliding is easy, but getting old. Well I am dusting myself off and I am back on my journey of being a non-smoker. Being a non-smoker takes a lot of determination, self control, guts and support. I will not give up, I will win this battle. The sooner the better. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Geeeeeze! Nic is working overtime this morning. My stomach hurts, my head hurts, I feel like crying. and this is only day four. But I am not going to give in, I am going to get it right this time, I know this will pass and I will get through it. Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: