Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Time to bow out

18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck to you Pam. Just from seeing how you support people in this venue, I know you will be awesome as a teacher. I would send my kid to your class!! I enjoy reading your posts and I appreciate your words. This addiction is not like smoking and you can cut back. Join us on Monday for the stats parade and on Friday for the w/e promise if you can. Cheers to a long life without the cigs. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,561 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1821.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, what can I say? Janet, you were right! I can't stay away from here completely. Cutting back is working well right now and I'm going to continue to try to do that. I'm definitely not here as much as I was before, and if I can just keep it to about an hour a day, I should be alright. I just love you all so much! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,783 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $366.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
N2k, This really IS about school. I promise. I failed a test last Tuesday (that's NOT like me) and found out on Thursday and said that I would "cut back" my time on the site and spend more time studying. So far, that hasn't happened. I know me... as long as coming here and spending hours on the site is an option, I will choose to do that, rather than study. I can't let that happen and that failing grade was a HUGE wake-up call to me and I realized that I need to do something. I promise, this IS the reason. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,724 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $356.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Well folks, As many of you know, I am going back to school to get my Master's and teaching certification. Last semester, my first semester back in school, was a great success... got wonderful grades, however this semester has been more of a challenge for me and I'm not doing as well as I would like. I have more practicum classes where I have to spend a considerable amount of time in classrooms and such, not to mention the fact that I have a new job, which leaves less time for homework. Unfortunately, my time spent on the SSC has been taking up my valuable homework/study time and my grades are starting to reflect this. School is very important to me and I cannot risk getting bad grades. I am a bit apprehensive to do this, given my previous track record of leaving and slipping within 3 days, but I feel that at this point, school is very important. I have every intention of keeping my quit and if I feel it sliding, I will be here in a heart beat to regain my focus to continue on. Unfortunately, the SSC has become a new addiction for me. As such, it doesn't work to "cut back." As we ALL know from smoking, cutting back works in the short term, but we're back to usual amounts in no time at all. Therefore, I think I have to treat this just like smoking... N.O.P.E. - Not one [b]Post[/b] Ever. I will miss all of you deeply, but at this point, it is necessary for me to move on with my smoke free life and pursue my ambitions of being an Elementary School teacher. I will try to check in from time to time, as time permits. I wish everyone here the best and I really will miss you all. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,723 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $356.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
Well, it's time to take a break from studying. I wanted to check in here and say hello to all of my friends. I've been doing really well with studying today. I think I pretty much aced one test today (YIPEE!!!) and the class I failed last week, nearly 1/2 the class failed, so we are getting to make up part of the exam, so I have a second chance to make up for my lack of studying. Hopefully, it's not too late. It's going to be hard to stay away from all of you wonderful people! You make me not want to go! :( But this is for the best and I know it. Right now, I need to concentrate on school so I can teach. That is my goal. I am shocked and utterly speachless (for the first time ;) ) at the outpouring of support. All I can say is thank you. I know it's not nearly enough but it's the best I can do. You all are amazing. OK, back to studying! :8o: :quest: :confuse: Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,743 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $359.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer, I hope I am not to late for you to read this. I will miss seeing you here, and I am so proud of you making it back to the beach. Go to school, learn alot and don't waste that money. But what ever else you do,[b][color=red]KEEP THAT BRACELET ON!!!!!![/color][/b] And we still expect to see you back to celebrate your one year. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=teal]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 227 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $646.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer, I only wish I had the chance to get to know you better, and now you're leaving. :( Oh well, it's my fault, because I'm already in the boat you're in now...not a whole heck of a lot of free time. I've also recently started some community college courses in pursuit of a career change / safety net. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure you won't forget where to find us if you need us. :) Infinite_D [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 269 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $295.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam, you've become quite a fixture here, especially since your last big slip. Since then I've seen a very definite change for the better in the tone and content of your posts. You've had a history of slipping, that's true. But given the change I've seen, I think you will do well this time. And if you don't, we'll always be here for you. Go forth, learn, achieve ambitions, slay dragons, and teach our hopes for the future. And know you have friends here if you need them. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 267 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1014.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam I will miss your posts very much. Your insight into this journey of ours is wonderful and your input to all the new and old members has been very valuable, you will be missed by all. I wish you all the best in your schooling, it is very important to get your education. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 299 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,987 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2242.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SHUCKS!! [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/bbeplayaluna/crying.gif[/IMG] We sure will miss you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 305 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1067.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$794,097.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5678 Hours: 4

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: