Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Time to bow out

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly: I will miss you !!! You have helped me more than I could ever tell you and I wish you the best my friend !!! Take care and I know you will do great in anything you do !!! CJ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,967 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $274.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$63,568.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6421 Hours: 22

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pam; Sad to hear that your leaving for awhile, but you've made the right call--focusing on your education is a significant priority and you have demonstrated in spades the number of coping strategies that can be used in defeating this addiction. I hope that you are saying to yourself that not only will I be able to meet the educational challenges, but surpass them as well. Why? Because you have slayed much bigger dragons than this--namely not smoking!!!! Can't wait to hear your valedictorian speech. Good luck and while you will be missed, your posts will continue to teach by example. bb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/3/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,074 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $402 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer you have been a real inspiration for me. I will miss your support and advice, but I totally understand. I have a daughter graduating from college in June, and the work that she has to do for her classes is crazy, but she is doing supper. Thanks for being there. [IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/cuddlebug230/images_31.gif[/IMG] Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEy Butterfly Swimmer, Thanks sooo much for your wisdom and insight and support while I am in the early stages of quitting. I am sad that you are leaving but understand. Check in from time to time to let us know how everythings going!! Your an inspiration to us all!!! and how do you get a cool thing like your animated butterfly on? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$23,688.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 443 Hours: 19

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well,if you have to do it you have to do it! i know how much time we spend on here! but i will miss you ssssssooooooooo much , we have both sliped and slid our way to the beach and now your going to leave me there on my own! i must admit im scared for you though,try and find a quit group at school to join ,i know your like me and need the support!! :eg: :8o: pam please take care of your quit,its no good passing all your exams if you then drop dead!!!!!!!!!! i love ya jan xxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,103 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �489.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't think you are saying everything. What exactly is bothering you?
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay Pam I understand. You just caught me by surprise. I'm having to let it sink in a thick skull. I have [i]never known[/i] the SSC without you in it. Thank you [u]so very much[/u] for helping me quit smoking. I sincerely appreciate it and will never forget it! [quote] Go forth, learn, achieve ambitions, slay dragons, and teach our hopes for the future. And know you have friends here if you need them. [/quote] ~all the best 2U! N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 178 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $890 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BuhBye BFS......I don't think you will really bow out. Hey sscfolks, let's start a pool and take bets on how long the little lady can stay away before she is overwhelmed with the need to post ;p. OK, having a little fun with you, you have been around alot for a long time and will be missed. :eg: Good luck with all your future endeavors!!! :) NOPE, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1035 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BFS- We've shared alot here. Your presence will definitely be felt. You've been an inspiration to many and the wind beneath the wings of others. But "Butterflies Are Free", I guess. So we have to let you go. When you feel comfortable, I hope you will check back in and let us know how you're doing. I miss you already. Cold Turkeys don't swim. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $668 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dearest Butterfly: I will truly miss seeing you on the SSC and miss your posts. You have been here for me since day one but I understand what you have to do. You'll be a great teacher, I just know it. Good Luck with your future and pop in whenever time allows. I'll miss your kind words. Hugs to you, Marilyn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 247 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,942 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1111.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54

Reading this thread: