Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

List of Good Things That Have Happened Recently

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Went and got a Christmas tree to cheer our selfs up and it worked
Finished my Christmas shopping and had fun doing it.
I have been getting more sleep which is great
I am not being as hard on myself
I am finding I can let myself relax
I am starting to understand myself 
I am learning to love and accept myself and others
I am making progress
I am starting to get better

Red
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My list to begin the week with is:
got the shovelling done (again)
got the housework done (again)
my hubby finally relented and we put his dinosaur desktop away and gave away the monster computer desk (more space in the living room)
bought a new mattress topper (it is like sleeping on pillow of warmth, I don't want to leave, but I did)
van still starts even though it is minus frickin' cold
Have a great week everybody and keep posting to this thread.
14 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This thread's gone quiet the last couple of days......

I had a good Sunday - drove down and got my son who's been away at University for his first term, and brought him home for Christmas. He's happy, well and obviously thriving and it's great to have him home again for a while - spreading himself everywhere and eating like a horse. And apparently he's been telling his new friends about how 'cool' his Dad is.

I have to admit, 'cool' is not a word I would ever apply to myself but it feels kind of - well, cool - to have my eighteen year old describe me as such..........
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goofy,

It sounds like things have been moving along quite well most recently. Be sure to journal about this, write down how your feeling, what you are doing to feel this way...this way you can look back and see what worked for you. I'm glad things went well at work, I bet it was a relief to feel welcomed with open arms. Keeping working hard and being YOU!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Things went great at my new job  - all the welcome backs - the hugs and reacclimating to the envrionment were uplifting.  Learning I can work on getting my CADC (certified alcohol and drug counseling certification).
I got to babysit tonight!  And she is the awesome-est granddaughter ever!  She loves her BB (that's me).
I'm going to see my friend tomorrow. I fixed turkey, dressing and giblet gravy for him.
I fixed stuff for my daughter-in-laws birthday party tomorrow night.   My son wanted to fix things and needed an idea and since they understand my wanting to see my friend; I contributed by cooking and givng him recipes for some other finger foods.  My son the chef.  rofl  I hope he gets rave reviews.
I feel better since I started getting the vitamin B shots!  I am getting more energy back - am thinking clearer.  I don't think it's made the depression go away but energy and thinking help the depression get better.  Stopping the other meds have helped too. 
My dog loves me.  Seriously, she does (tinkerbell).

14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a wonderful birthday yesterday.  My son's court was put over to January, I got my nails done (cute candy canes for Christmas), my hubby bought some used WII games (so we now have 4 games for the WII), my hubby called me at 7:30 a.m. to wish me a happy birthday (he was on his way home from work).  All of my kids remembered my birthday.
Both of my parents forgot my birthday (this is a good thing because it adds to my list of things to bring up to any therapist I may have in the future).
Today, I was able to clean out my sole-bank account at that bad bank who thinks they can take anyone's money and put it wherever they feel like it.  Was just about able to do the same with the joint account, but they caught the error and couldn't release the funds.  So close.....
Now I am going to finish my nice quiet day, with one boss, one other assistant and my quiet phones.  Then I will pick up my daughter and her saxaphone and go home for the weekend.  I believe I will just hunker down and turn up the heat.  Windchills are supposed to be -37 and below.  BRRRRRR.
Have a great weekend everyone.
TAG NOW IT IS YOUR TURN TO ADD TO THE LIST.
14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm very impressed with everyone being able to find a positive thing in their day to post.   I just can't seem to find anything positive these days.   :-( 

But, congratulations go out to Goofy on her new job (and getting through the chaos and calamity of the other day), Happy Birthday wishes to furgitit and kudos to Sid for her wonderful sense of giving. 

I'll try again tomorrow for something positive to post.

Rebbie
14 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday furgittit!
congrats Goofy, well done!
good to be back Pete.
giving is a wonderful thing Sid.  Good for you.
Sparkles... I sure would love to taste your brownies.  I'm certain your husband loved them.  Well done on the job too---good luck!!
I've been trying desperately for weeks to get to a healthy weight. (it's been dreadful and I've hated every second of it)
Today, I may have hit my 10% goal!
YIPPEEE!!!!
14 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on the job, goofy- that's great!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow furgittit!

Glad you had a good day too, Sid!

Here's my list of good things:

After months of looking for work, I finally got a job! My first day is on Monday. 

I've kept doing mindfulness meditation - it's been over two months now since I started and I'm still doing it consistently.

I made brownies for my husband today even though I rarely bake. 
14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  Happy Birthday furgittit
I got dressed today
I went shopping for a new folder for my homework 
I got a bright pink cheery one
I went for a walk today
I had fun shopping for toys to donate to the toys for tots Marine Corp. league Christmas drive
All in all I had a good day
I am a little tired now but its a good tired

Sid

Reading this thread: