Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

List of Good Things That Have Happened Recently

14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Adding to the list, my list is still going.  This is great to see new people adding to the list.
Thanks everyone and keep posting good things.
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks goofy!
It was a great wake-up call for sure! Where have I been the past few years, it feels good to finally be present and living in the moment!

I've been reading some of your posts, seems its been a rough week thus far, is that right? I'm here for you goofy! Like you put so simply and right-we'll get there!

Strength

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Strength 18
I am so happy to hear that.  I am sure she'll be very happyl.  Nothing like recognizing the importance of those we love and the value of that love.

Keep moving forward - we'll get there!!!!!!!!!
14 years ago 0 217 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My list is quite simple:

In short- I remembered how much I love my wife

I snapped out of it and realized I have the most amazing wife and partner in crime anyone could ever ask for.
She has been such a caring, supportive, and loving person in my life. For the past few years I've sort of been in my own little world and starting today I'm going back to my old ways of telling her how important she is to me and treating her like she should be treated!

Strength 
Linen closet is done with enough spare parts that I can put them in my son's closet.
Well I spoiled the kids and hubby this weekend, it felt good not thinking that I shouldn't buy them stuff because I should pay another bill.  It was very awkward, but I pulled through and now that the shopping is done, I feel a little down, probably just coming off the buzz and a little hormonal so everything is just a little off (ok alot).  But I sure did have fun spoiling the kids.  Put the one closet organizer up in the laundry room and put up the shoe shelf, ooooh it is so nice to have a place to hang jackets and place shoes neatly instead of just tossing it in and closing the door quickly so nothing falls out (c'mon, I know we all do it, fridge, freezer, closet, dryer ).  My baby grass is coming up and it is raining today (which will help my little babies grow some more).  Now hopefully tonight the kids and I can get the linen closet finished so we can get rid of all the trash, hey anybody need a change table (that's what I am using for shelves in my linen closet (it is 13 years old) just kidding. 
Hey, this sure helps a person feel better (or it could be the carbs in the granola cruchers I just ate) when they have to think about good stuff rather than regular life (so I will pretend Monday didn't happen and go on like a normal person).
Hey everyone put just one thing on this list and just see if it doesn't help, even for a moment.  Brag, tell me a joke, but put something good on this list, I am beggin you.
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great furgittit!

You sounds so happy today.  I loved reading this post.

Ashley, Health Educator
Finally got my IT Refund.  Yay, all utilities and monthly bills are down @ $000000 balances.  Big weight off my shoulders.  Hubby is working, went shopping for a new tool box (one big one instead of a million littles ones), bought 2 rubbermaid configurations closet organizers, I loved the one I put up in my room so I thought I would do the same with the laundry room closet and the coat/linen closet in the hall.  Now if only I could find my stud finder , it should be there somewhere.  I also bought myself some new clothes and shoes (got a wonderful discount at Marks).  Now I will spoil my van and put in new brakes (actually made a chore swap, I will shampoo my dad's furniture and carpeting so long as he puts my brakes in and does an oil change, fair deal, I think (he will so be done before me)).  This weekend I will probably take the kids out to get some new clothes and spoil them a little, yep, spend, spend, spend before someone decides to take it away.
Have a great weekend everyone.
14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow way to stick to your guns Furgitit!

And good thoughtful gift!  I am glad you had a good time

Ashley, Health Educator
Since I last posted, the man that hit my son, "Jerk" has been trying to get my phone number from relatives to demand that I apologize to him.  Thankfully our relatives are smart enough to not give out our number and just relay a message.  Well I got the call from L (lovely lady on my side), she told me what he demanded and I told her I would not talk to him or call him as I bow down to no man, especially a lieing, cheating BA@#$%^&.  She laughed at that and she said she didn't blame me.  Guns, Guns stick to my guns.
Well, we don't celebrate Canada Day, I know, shame, shame, it's my Dad's birthday, so it is nice that the rest of the Country celebrates with him.  I went shopping, took my son to the RC's to obtain witness statements, he's going to have Jerk charged, made steak and birthday cake and whipped cream icing and we had a good pig out and laugh and my dad enjoyed himself, his girlfriend enjoyed herself and my dad left with some much needed baking pans (he wants to try his hand at baking so I bought him some for his birthday). 
Busy, Busy, but no down moments, a few anxious moments, but I am better equipped to deal with them right now than I ever was before.
Love you all, have a great day, and for Pete's sake, post something good, I am starting to think this chain is going to get broken.  Come on guys, let's keep it going.

Reading this thread: